React Native Developer
Zion is an open global scalable decentralized community platform that facilitates transparent and direct flow of content and payments between creators and their audiences. We are looking for a React Native Developer to help spearhead the external communication of the of Zion, working on both consumer-facing digital products as well as all internal processes. You will work directly with the CEO and other team leads to craft processes to help us scale to millions of customers globally.
- Passion for user experience, and for building pixel-perfect UI implementations
- Familiar with modern front-end pipelines and tools
- Experienced with WebSockets, RESTful based APIs
- Comfortable working with and interested in P2P technologies
- Thoroughly experienced with React, React-Native, Redux and their core principles
- Self-managed & self-motivated, comfortable working independently
- Good communication and ability to report progress and blockers
- Interested in bringing diverse, novel, and innovative applications to life
- Node.js experience is not required but a plus
- Bitcoin & Lightning network experience is a plus
- Proven progressive competence in a leadership capacity in Engineering Orgs
- To drive cross-functional efforts, you must be an effective and productive collaborator.
- Ability to move rapidly and adapt.
- The ability to make data-driven decisions while also being willing to experiment and repeat
- Ability to communicate and deliver deadlines.
- Listening skills, Humility and Empathy.
QUALITIES YOU BRING TO THE TABLE...
While we value your operational workflow skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally as important. We’re looking for someone who is:
- Strategic. You understand communication is at the heart of creating strong relationships with colleagues and can maneuver challenging situations and decisions with ease.
- Creative. You bring passion to your work and find creative ways to problem solve with a positive attitude.
- Leader. You can make difficult decisions and are trusted by colleagues to do good by our customers and teammates.
- Intuitive. You're someone with that uncanny ability to always think one step ahead and avoid problems before they happen.
- Confident. You're friendly, professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with our team, running meetings or communicating decisions to teams.
- Passionate. You love what you do, give everything you've got and are continually seeking ways to grow in your craft.
- Friendly. You work well with the team. You contribute ideas in a positive manner. You’re also a great listener.
Why We’ll Love You:
- You are solution-oriented - you keep improving the system each time you respond to a problem, rather than just resolving the specific issue.
- You like to have fun, and want to be part of a team that is building an innovative product
- You have experience working for an early stage startup, and can balance the optimism and pragmatism that are required to work in that environment
- You have the ability to work through ambiguity and are comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- You’re intellectually curious, comfortable rolling up your sleeves to find solutions and learn new things, with a focus on supporting the growth of the company
Who we are:
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default. We think of ourselves as a startup building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project. Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining Zion today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Zion was founded by Justin Rezvani and is headquartered on the web. We’re backed by some of the best investors in the world including: XBTO, Kingsway Capital, Phil Potter, Tony Robbins, Aubrey Marcus, Aaron Rodgers, Alex Davis, Mark Moss, Donald Park and Craig Nerenberg. Modern Foundry Inc aka Zion is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.