Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
Strike is looking for a Senior Accountant to support the Controller, internal controls and financial reporting. We are looking for a process and systems-oriented accountant to ensure accurate and timely reporting for all financial matters, and someone who wants to be a part of a dynamic work environment supporting our day to day needs and global expansion.
This person will be a hands-on contributor who excels at sharing ideas and finding solutions. Must love the unique combination of a casual environment that moves at lightning speed. This candidate will be supporting the Assistant Controller in all aspects of corporate reporting for a complex consolidated group of international entities. This role will give the right candidate an intimate look at the inner workings of a hyper growth company on the frontier of an exciting industry.
- Assist in the preparation of internal and external financial statements and reports
- Prepare reconciliations and account analysis during the monthly close process
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal business teams
- Own the accounts payable process and assist with payroll
- Lead process and reporting improvements within external reporting software
- Execute month-end close processes, including but not limited to, preparation of journal entries, account analyses, and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for assigned entities
- Responsible for the preparation of audit schedules and balance sheet fluxes
- Perform intercompany accounting including reconciliation of intercompany balances, identifying and resolving gaps between assigned entities and respective counterparties globally
- Work with Treasury and other departments to ensure proper accounting treatments of complex transactions
- Assist in the implementation of internal controls and accounting processes and procedures
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, CPA is a plus
- Minimum 4 years of experience in audit or financial reporting
- Bitcoin knowledge and interest is a plus
- Experienced with accounting for complex business entities especially a parent organization with multiple subsidiaries
- Self-starter with the ability to work on multiple priorities at once
- Experience with general ledger software applications, such as Intacct or Netsuite
- Salary range: $96,500 - $110,000
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- Health, dental, and vision insurance premium contributions; short & long-term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, sick leave & parental leave
- Access to a company 401k plan
A more connected financial world