Bitcoin IT/Repair - Miner Technician II
Job Title: Miner Technician II
Reports To: Site Operations Manager
Employment Status: Non-Exempt, Full-time
US Bitcoin was founded by a highly experienced team of professionals who overall have over 20 years of experience in the industry. US Bitcoin Corp (US BTC) is a rising leader in bitcoin mining - fast becoming one of the more cost-efficient, environmentally-focused/friendly, and large-scale organizations in North America. We pride ourselves on being a diverse, inclusive, and mission-focused team of individuals who want to “move fast and make things.”
What is the role?
As a Miner Technician II, you will be working with state-of-the-art computing and networking equipment ensuring high uptime and repair services on a constant basis.
The ideal candidate will be competent in the existing landscape of network technologies, and exhibit the ability to adapt to change, as well as remain current on developing technologies. An analytical mindset will be essential for effective troubleshooting and diagnosing on the miners in order to ensure the optimal uptime on our machines and turnaround times. The Miner Technician II will be under general supervision, performing a variety of routine maintenance. This ideal candidate ensures that the facility is available for use and consistently maintained in a safe and clean condition. Areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, painting, plumbing, and maintenance. This individual operates a variety of maintenance and cleaning tools and equipment; and performs related work as directed by manager
We are looking to hire a Miner Technician II to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure in the designated facility. You must be within a 1HR commute from the site or willing to relocate.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- General facility duties as assigned
- Understand operations and infrastructure of the site
- Basic miner diagnostics and repair
- Intro mechanical skills
- In addition to the above;
- Miner tools
- Intermediate repairs
- Data analysis
- Intermediary mechanical skills
- Flashing firmware
- Ability to lead projects at discretion of supervisor/operations manager
Ideal candidates will have experience in IT/computer hardware, troubleshooting, construction, and/or maintenance. A basic understanding of IP addressing and subnets and an understanding of small electronics or medium to low voltage electrical. Must demonstrate the ability to be a problem solver, diligent, hard worker, team player, and demonstrate flexibility. This is an exciting company that is experiencing amazing growth at a rapid pace.
Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus+
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Tech II requires at minimum 6 months of employment at USBTC
- 1-3+ years’ experience in IT/computer hardware, systems/electrical engineering, network administration, and/or troubleshooting.
- Bitcoin mining farm experience is a plus+
- Someone with a network plus certificate or experience with working with network stacks and related equipment would be preferred
Physical Demands/ Work Environment:
- The individual must have the ability to be on your feet 7+ hours per day.
- Ability to lift/carry 30-50 lbs.
- Tolerance to Harsh Conditions - our working environment is both indoors and outdoors and includes cold rooms with excess wind speed and hot rooms. You also don’t mind getting dirty.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is located at our McCamey, Tx facility. Working hours for this role are Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm CST
Salary: $24.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
US Bitcoin Corp
BITCOIN REPRESENTS THE FUTURE OF FINANCE. OUR MISSION: SECURE THAT FUTURE.