Load Center Technician I, Energy Division
Cholla Inc. is seeking an operations professional to join the Energy Division’s Bitcoin Load Center team. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team of energy & bitcoin professionals focused on long-term results. The role will support ongoing and future operations allowing for meaningful long-term growth for Cholla and the individual. As a Load Center Technician, I you’ll be foundational to the success of the company by ensuring operational excellence at the company load centers. This role will be reporting to the Manager, Field Operations while working closely with other members of the Cholla Inc. team.
Desired Communication and Character Traits:
Cholla seeks a humble self-starter who communicates and makes decisions in line with our company principles, constructively overcomes setbacks, respectfully engages opposing views, embraces change, thinks independently, and helps lead the company to best capture opportunities in line with our vision. A passion for bitcoin and energy abundance is highly desirable. This candidate will also demonstrate exceptional listening, communication, and collaboration skills when working with various departments within the organization. Creativity, initiative, innovation, attention to detail, and self-sufficiency are key character traits to ensure long term success in the role. As a key member of Cholla's Energy division, an important aspect of this role will involve communicating the vision, principles, and value proposition to other employees, stakeholders, and communities your facility operates in.
Partner with the Manager, Field Operations & VP Energy Division to lead in the development and operations of world-class bitcoin mining load centers.
- Assist with the monitoring and maintenance of bitcoin mining operations, ensuring optimal performance and efficiency.
- Perform routine inspections of electrical systems, components, and equipment, following established procedures and guidelines.
- Support the troubleshooting and resolution of hardware, software, and network issues in collaboration with other team members.
- Assist in the setup, installation, and expansion of mining equipment and infrastructure as needed.
- Provide feedback to inform operational best practices and opportunities for growth & continuous improvement.
- Adhere to and update site safety protocols to comply with relevant regulations and elevate best practices industry wide.
- Continuously learn about industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices to improve load center operations, safety, and efficiency.
- Empower other team members, contributing to a supportive, innovative, and collaborative work environment.
- 1+ year(s) professional experience, prior internship experience, or demonstrated aptitude, skills, and eagerness to excel in this specific position.
- Currently resides in or desire to live in West Texas.
- Strong passion for bitcoin and the energy industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of bitcoin mining operations, hardware, and software (home, pleb or hyperscale miner).
- Some experience with electrical systems, components, and equipment maintenance.
- Familiarity with networking protocols, equipment, and troubleshooting techniques.
- Familiarity with HVAC systems, including installation, maintenance, and repair – ensuring optimal mining climate and energy efficiency.
- Strong problem-solving skills & attention to detail with the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to learn and seek out new technologies and best practices.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Active listener with innate curiosity that follows appropriate hunches.
Never stop exploring!