Compliance Associate - El Salvador
Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
Strike is looking for a Compliance Associate based in El Salvador to join a fast-growing Bitcoin company. This role provides operations support across the Compliance program including AML/Sanctions alert investigations and KYC/EDD reviews. This role will support Strike’s Compliance operations in El Salvador and globally. Compliance Associates have a direct impact on all business areas and are used to inform critical business decisions across Strike. You will directly impact the overall success of the financial crimes compliance program.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical, critical thinking, and writing skills and be able to thrive in a high case volume environment. You should thrive working in an ambitious startup environment and be excited about Strike’s mission and potential. You must be comfortable with a team-first approach in a remote work environment. Depending on candidate experience, there is potential for this role to be a Senior Associate level position.
- Conduct comprehensive financial crime investigations generated from AML/Sanctions alerts and ad-hoc sources such as law enforcement requests and adverse media.
- Complete analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data sets to produce in-depth and high-quality written reports that provide assessments of financial crime (e.g. money laundering, bribery and corruption, fraud, tax evasion, sanctions and terrorist financing).
- Document concise and consistent risk-based rationale for alert/investigation conclusions. Maintain thorough records and supporting documentation for all investigations.
- Draft Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) or equivalent with national authorities when necessary.
- Conduct Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) reviews on customers and/or vendors including Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs).
- Assist with onboarding business customers through the Know Your Business (KYB) process.
- Liaise with operations and onboarding teams as needed during an investigation or KYC review.
- Fluent in English; must be able to communicate verbally and must also be able to create high quality written reports in English.
- Minimum four-year degree or equivalent experience. Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Law, Economics, Statistics, International Relations, Business Administration, Finance, or similar field preferred.
- Compliance experience in a financial services company conducting KYC, AML, Sanctions and/or investigations work.
- Resourceful and inquisitive mindset with an ability to analyze structured and unstructured data from disparate sources and identify patterns and develop conclusions.
- Attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to take ownership of work products and consistently deliver results in a high case volume production environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive and high-risk cases maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel including the ability to perform data analysis. Ability to learn new technologies and systems for conducting data analysis
- Knowledge of the Bitcoin industry and willingness to gain expertise of the financial crime typologies in the Bitcoin space.
- CAMS certification
- Experience using blockchain analytics software
- Fintech experience
This role is for El Salvador- based candidates. More experienced candidates may qualify for a Senior Compliance Associate salary level.
A more connected financial world