This job is no longer accepting applications.
NYDIG is a leading technology and financial services firm accelerating the Bitcoin future. We believe that Bitcoin is not just a new asset class but a potentially powerful force for good. NYDIG’s focus is two-fold. First, we aim to provide the best investor solution platform with the most sophisticated suite of products to corporations, asset managers, institutions, and other sophisticated investors. Second, we aim to democratize access by providing a technology platform capable of powering embedded bitcoin products and services for any financial institution. Our team is a group of proven innovators with deep domain expertise across finance and technology. We look for optimistic, passionate, low-ego, excellence-driven people who want to work together on creating impactful solutions. This is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing firm innovating in an exciting and dynamic industry.
In this role, working closely with other experienced lawyers and compliance personnel, you’ll develop a deep understanding of the company’s business model and help it meet its ongoing regulatory requirements. For example, your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with legal aspects of critical operational functions;
- Helping with various projects including contract negotiation, due diligence matters, regulatory analysis, licensing issues and compliance, contract review, etc.
- Managing compliance systems and ensuring compliance with policies and procedures; and
- Updating policies and procedures as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-5 years of experience as a compliance officer, compliance consultant, in-house counsel, law firm associate attorney or paralegal
- Understanding and applying legal and regulatory requirements and industry best practices applicable to entities regulated by state banking and financial services regulators, the CFTC, NFA, SEC, and FINRA
- Preparing and reviewing regulatory filings and submissions
- Drafting, revising, and ensuring compliance with internal policies and procedures
- Assessing, developing, implementing, and maintaining compliance and operational processes
Interpersonal Competencies and Success Factors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience interacting with regulators and supervising regulatory exams
- Experience with regulatory requirements applicable to regulated financial institutions
- Entrepreneurial experience or ability to work effectively autonomously as well as within a larger team
- Strong intellectual and problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills (including the ability to build relationships with the business and other control functions) and the ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
- Gravitas and self-confidence, but also humility, kindness, open-mindedness, and respect for others
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with a willingness to roll up his/her sleeves and carry out detailed work on your own initiative
- Enthusiasm for working on interesting compliance and regulatory issues
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Generous benefits package including
- Unlimited PTO
- Exceptional benefits package with:
- $1/month premiums for you and your family
- HSA plan option with employer funding
- Dedicated benefit concierge
- Free One Medical membership
- Flexible unmetered Parental Leave policy
- 401k program with company match
- Employer sponsorship for personal/professional development programs (the sky’s the limit!)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
NYDIG is a leading technology and financial services firm dedicated to Bitcoin.