Payments Product Counsel
Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
As part of Strike’s legal team, you will help shape the legal, product, and business strategy for a fast-growing fintech company. We’re seeking an attorney with financial services, product counseling, and/or in-house tech company experience. This cross-functional role blends product, regulatory, and commercial counsel responsibilities, and requires a self-starter mindset to tackle legal issues partnering with our internal teams.
The Payments Product Counsel should thrive in a startup environment. In practice, this means learning new skills and technology, creative problem-solving, and pivoting between projects. The ideal candidate will also be excited about Strike’s mission and potential. Strike is a fully remote company.
Who we are:
Strike’s legal team is a small group of attorneys with diverse backgrounds and interests. We work in different time zones, and prioritize being flexible. We believe in working hard to achieve excellence, and also value our lives outside of work.
- Help Strike navigate a complex regulatory and commercial landscape to design innovative products and services worldwide.
- Provide end-to-end product counseling on payments- and banking-related products in partnership with a range of internal teams, including Product, Business, Engineering and Data Science, Compliance, CX, Communications, and Marketing.
- Negotiate and finalize commercial agreements.
- Build and improve key customer agreements.
- Research novel legal questions, providing clear and actionable guidance internally.
- Coordinate, draft, and review written communications to regulators.
- Build processes to improve operating efficiency and mitigate legal risk.
- Member of a US State Bar
- JD from an ABA-accredited law school
- 5-8+ years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity and experience with payments and banking industry legal issues and applicable requirements and regulations, including NACHA Rules, card network rules, etc.
- Experience drafting and negotiating agreements
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and organization
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to learn new software and cloud-based tools as needed
- One of the following work experiences:
- In-house legal teams at technology companies (ideally fintech)
- Financial regulator at the state or federal level
- Experience in the cryptocurrency or payments industries
- Experience working with outside counsel in international contexts
- Experience with commercial relationships relevant to fintech
- Salary range: $204,000 - $238,000 (Location & Experience Specific)
- Equity in a high-growth startup
- Health, dental, and vision insurance premium contributions; short & long-term disability insurance and basic life insurance
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Flexible PTO, sick leave & parental leave
- Access to a company 401k plan
A more connected financial world