Social Media & Marketing Internship
The Bitcoin Company
Meme Master & Marketing Internship
We're looking for a talented social media / marketing intern to join our team at The Bitcoin Company. You'll have the opportunity to manage our social media content, create new design ideas for our upcoming merch store, and push forward with our marketing efforts in whatever way you feel comfortable. It’s a role that could be as big as you want, including the potential to stay onboard contingent to exceptional execution during the internship.
Who we are:
We are The Bitcoin Company. We're building a Bitcoin neobank superapp that enables users to transition away from the legacy financial system to a platform that replicates all the same features while building bitcoin into the core as a native currency. We aim to give people a reasonable way to drop their legacy banking and financial applications for a one-stop bitcoin-focused financial solution.
Right now we have a bitcoin rewards app (web- and mobile-based) that allows users to buy prepaid Visa cards and gift cards, globally, while earning bitcoin back on every purchase. We’ve also recently launched card-linked offers, which enable USA users to link their credit and debit cards within our app to then earn bitcoin rewards when they shop with eligible merchants. In future, we’ll expand further to include affiliate shopping rewards (see: Rakuten and Lolli), a browser extension, bitcoin back travel deals, phone top-ups with bitcoin, fiat-to-bitcoin exchange services, international remittance tools, credit card roundup features (similar to Acorns), and much more.
Who we’re looking for:
- Research and create daily social media content and fire memes based on bitcoin trends.
- Engage with our followers and manage our social media accounts on a regular daily basis.
- Assist in the delivery of social media and email marketing campaigns that promote our brand, products, and partnerships (e.g., creating graphics and written copy for marketing assets and creating new email campaigns to target existing users and retarget lapsed users).
- Research and develop design ideas for our upcoming TBC merch store and work with our designers to bring the designs to life.
- Develop content for alternate platforms we haven’t touched outside of Twitter like TikTok, Nostr, Facebook, or our blog/newsletter.
- Develop marketing plans and strategies for paid advertising, newsletters, blogs, Twitter spaces, video content, etc.
- Review and improve our existing marketing flows. This job has the potential to be molded to your interests.
- Improve our gif and meme game!
An ideal candidate will possess many of the following:
- Bitcoin maximalist and can explain why.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have already built an audience on a social media channel.
- Familiarity with social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Nostr, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Ability to keep up with bitcoin content trends and memes to translate these into our own social media posts, brand marketing campaigns, and merch store designs.
- Design skills are a plus! Photoshop, Figma, etc.
- Experience with gif / meme creating tools.
- Experience with AI generated image platforms, or the desire to become a master in these tools.
- Experience with SEO/APO optimization tools and improvement strategies.
What we offer:
This is an experience-building internship that will provide valuable experience in bitcoin, social media, marketing, and leading initiatives end-to-end at a fast paced startup. Exceptional performance may/likely will lead to a paid role in the future.
We'll cover any expenses incurred during your work with us and we'll pay you a bitcoin stipend per month.
You'll also have the opportunity to work with a team of bitcoin maximalists from around the world, working on improving everyone's ability to access bitcoin and live on a bitcoin standard.
Please include the following in your application:
- Describe past experiences or provide work samples demonstrating your ability to meet the responsibilities and requirements set out above.
- Your established social media profile(s) (e.g., Twitter, Instagram, Nostr, TikTok, Facebook, etc).
- A quick overview of three things you would like to see us implement on the social media and/or marketing side of things and how you would plan to go about it.
- Three brands that you admire for their marketing and/or social media presence.
- Three of your favorite gif’s / memes. Bonus points if they are homemade!
- An overview of your favorite social media, gif / meme creation tools. What tools do you use to up your game?
We look forward to hearing from you and growing our team together!
The Bitcoin Company
Bitcoin, for everyone.