(Senior) Backend / Full-Stack Engineer (NodeJS)
Hello there! We are 21bitcoin – a Bitcoin-only app that aims to accelerate the world's transition to a Bitcoin-driven economy.
We strive to build Europe's easiest Bitcoin financial services to help onboard the next 21 million people to the Bitcoin ecosystem. Our young and highly motivated team is located in Austria and Germany, but we operate fully remotely, providing a flexible and dynamic work environment.
👋 About the role
At 21bitcoin, we are proud of our strong dedication to creating a platform that is both secure and efficient, and has been thoroughly tested. Our engineering team is the driving force behind these efforts, and we believe they are the key to our success.
At 21bitcoin, we are proud of our strong dedication to creating a platform that is both secure and efficient and has been thoroughly tested. Our engineering team is the driving force behind these efforts, and we believe they are the key to our success.
We are looking for someone who is not afraid to take the initiative, and who can consistently deliver, improve, and maintain our innovative platforms.
Given that we are an early-stage start-up, you will play an important role in the success of 21bitcoin. At the same time, this means you will have to deal with uncertainty and lots of responsibility. If this motivates you, we would love to get to know you.
🤓 Here's a taste of what you can expect in this role:
- Design and architect a secure, private, and thoroughly tested financial service platform based on and around Bitcoin.
- Take ownership of product development from design to deployment and operation. Ship frequently to obtain actionable feedback from team members and users.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various members of the 21bitcoin team, including product design, UX, and business development.
- Apply critical thinking and creative brainstorming to build a product that facilitates the transition to a bitcoin-driven economy.
🚀 Our Stack:
Typescript, PostgreSQL, QLDB, DynamoDB, GraphQL, Serverless (CDK), Kinesis, SNS, SQS, React-Native
⭐ Skills & Requirements
- 3+ of working experience in software development, including work on a consumer-facing app used by millions of people or in the financial services industry.
- You can write well-structured and tested code in programming languages like NodeJS. Having great experience in another object-oriented or functional programming language is very beneficial.
- You know how a modern mobile app (e.g., written in React-Native) works or have profound experience in structuring the frontend-backend communication through APIs
- You’ve gained good experience with AWS Services (Lambda, RDS, API Gateway, QLDB, DynamoDB, CDK, Kinesis)
- You’ve a very good understanding of open source databases such as PostgreSQL or NoSql-databases like QLDB / DynamoDB and experience with streaming or messaging platforms, ideally AWS Kinesis, SNS, SQS.
- You gained hands-on experience with testing/mocking different entities, use cases, and 3rd party integrations
- You had touch points with financial services before, either in traditional banking/payments/trading and/or crypto/web3.
- Big Plus: You’ve a technical understanding of Bitcoin and Lightning
⭐ Personality and Drive
- We are looking for people that are genuinely friendly and ambitious
- Team player - you are humble, open to challenge, and like to help others grow. The progress of the team and the product should be your top priority
- Owner mentality - You like to take initiative and find new creative solutions to existing problems
🚀 Why you should join 21bitcoin
- Cash Salary: 50.000€-65.000€ gross annual salary & potential Stock Options for outstanding performance
Please note: 21bitcoin is currently in the pre-seed stage - with our seed round funding, we will increase your salary
Other perks & benefits:
- off-sites with the team at exciting locations
- flexible working hours in a 100% remote-first company
- make a bend in the universe - to make the world a better place
📝 About the hiring process
- 🗒️ Resume Review: Portfolio of Work: Drop a link to your portfolio/ previous work which we can review (LinkedIn, Github, Twitter, …)
- 📞 Exploratory Call: We'll discuss what excites you about this role and a few questions based on your past experiences
- 🗣️ Interview with the team: We will share a take home creative assignment with you to work on (usually 1 week time frame)
- 👬 Meet the rest of the team: Cultural Interview to see if you align with our core values
- 👍 Decision time! Our interview rounds are quick and we give a decision usually in less than 14 working days
How to apply?
Please reach out to us and include a bit about yourself, your resume/CV, examples of past projects, and three bullet points about why you’re interested in joining 21bitcoin and what you expect.
BTW: CVs are important, but don't forget to include your favorite Bitcoin meme in the application!
The money app of the future