Are you tired of building technology that doesn’t matter in the world?
Are you tired of apps that don’t change anything?
Do you love Bitcoin?
Then we just might be the right place for you...
Zion, an application built on the Bitcoin Lightning Network, designed to facilitate the free, open flow of content and payments between creators and their audiences.
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default. We think of ourselves as a startup building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project. Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining Zion today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here is a link to our app:
iOS - https://apps.apple.com/us/app/zion-create-openly/id1556918256
Android - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.getzion.zion&hl=en_US&gl=US
About the opportunity…
We are looking for a NOSTR Developer to help spearhead the internal engineering in using our current DID & DWN infrastructure to work with NOSTR, working on both consumer-facing digital products as well as all internal architecture. You will work directly with the CEO and other team leads to craft a platform to help us scale to millions of customers globally.
● Managing the company's NOSTR technological plans.
● Envisioning how different forms of technology including NOSTR will be used throughout the company.
● Creating networking safeguards that prevent security breaches and keep client information confidential.
● Ensuring technologies currently in use are efficient and making changes wherever necessary.
● Build design guideline, reliability testing standard together with international engineering team for NOSTR.
● Collect observations from operators and feedback from users;
As Zion’s new NOSTR Dev, you will truly embody our core values, and will bring a number of crucial qualities to the table. With a proven progressive competence in leading engineering organizations, you will be an effective and productive collaborator - allowing you to drive cross-functional efforts with phenomenal results. You will be able to successfully combine an ability to move rapidly, adapt and deliver to deadlines, with a natural inclination to listen and communicate with humility and empathy.
As a solutions-oriented, intellectually curious engineering professional, you will be focussed on exploring new, innovative solutions to problems, and improving systems incrementally at every opportunity. Your experience of working in an early stage startup will equip you well to deal with ambiguity, changing requirements and fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
Fundamentally, you will balance pragmatism and optimism to create an environment that is highly productive - but also exciting, innovative and fun!
The core qualities for this role can be best summarized as…
Strategic. You understand communication is at the heart of creating strong relationships with colleagues and can maneuver challenging situations and decisions with ease.
Creative. You bring passion to your work and find creative ways to problem solve with a positive attitude.
Leader. You can make difficult decisions and are trusted by colleagues to do good by our customers and teammates.
Intuitive. You're someone with that uncanny ability to always think one step ahead and avoid problems before they happen.
Confident. You're friendly, professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with our team, running meetings or communicating decisions to teams.
Passionate. You love what you do, give everything you've got and are continually seeking ways to grow in your craft.
Friendly. You work well with the team. You contribute ideas in a positive manner. You’re also a great listener.
● 5+ years of relevant experience in consumer product industry;
● Understanding of Bitcoin core, NOSTR & Lightning architecture
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science;
● Fluency in English is a must, multilingual abilities is a plus;
● Solid understanding of programs and tools including
● Interest in consumer tech;
● A strong bias-to-action and used to getting things done in short timeframe;
● Good communication skills, able to get buy-in from stakeholders within the company;
● Entrepreneurial and comfortable with changing environments as well as multiple overlapping projects;
● Last but not least, enjoy the hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business.
Here are our Technical Docs —> https://docs.zion.fyi/
Zion was founded by Justin Rezvani and is headquartered on the web. We’re backed by some of the best investors in the world including: XBTO, Kingsway Capital, Phil Potter, Tony Robbins, Aubrey Marcus, Aaron Rodgers, Alex Davis, Mark Moss, Donald Park and Craig Nerenberg. Modern Foundry Inc aka Zion is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.