Business Development Manager
Newmarket has established Battery Finance, Inc. to sponsor Newmarket’s value-added institutional investment solutions built on Bitcoin.
Newmarket is an alternative asset manager and registered investment adviser with approximately $2.0 billion of institutional assets under management. Through our infrastructure-focused structured finance strategy founded in 2012, we invest in bespoke investment solutions including those that emphasize environmental and social themes, such as the promotion of renewable energy and energy efficiency, affordable housing, and development finance. Newmarket invests with purpose and a clear orientation toward the future, having catalyzed billions of dollars of lending to urgently needed projects around the world.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious professional interested in Bitcoin to drive catalytic change by bringing institutional capital to the Bitcoin network.
The following duties are generally representative of the type of work assigned and are not necessarily exhaustive.
· Develop a deep understanding of Battery’s strategy, informed by a strong knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products and services
· Build strategy and plan for Business Development across sales channels; focus on institutional clients
· Drive expanded business/pipeline strategy across channels
· Maintain active database (DealCloud CRM) of clients and engagements
· Conduct market research to identify new opportunities and leads
· Develop and help produce key sales enablement materials
· Maintain relationships with existing clients and aiding in the sales process with external sales
· Serve as a central point of contact - track, manage, and coordinate all key issues for the investors and sales
· Assist in managing investor relations marketing activities including conferences, road shows, and investor meetings
· Drive client events, roundtables, and other client-visible communication initiatives
· Maintain industry knowledge and inform clients of ongoing market initiatives
· Provide recommendations on communications and outbound marketing
· Ensure that all necessary documentation is readily available to current and potential investors
· Prepare market and competitive intelligence presentations for senior leadership team
· Execute ad-hoc requests
What we require:
· Bachelors/Masters degree
· 5+ years of work experience in one or more of the following areas: business development, investor and consultant relations
· Highly persuasive communication skills
· Ability to build strong relationships internally and externally with numerous constituencies
· Effective networking skills and strong interpersonal skills to build trust and rapport with internal and external stakeholders
· This position requires high energy and a strong work ethic
· Self-starter with top-notch organizational skills.
· Ability to multitask and work effectively under daily time constraints and in a fast-paced environment
· Strong MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
· Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
Newmarket is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to principles of equity and promoting diversity and inclusion. We offer market-based compensation that is reflective of the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. We also offer a full benefits package, inclusive of medical, dental, and vision benefits, and participation in the firm’s 401(k) plan.
Please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter to express your interest in this position.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are positioned at the intersection of impact, innovation, and solutions.