Social Media Intern
Social Media Intern
Riot Platforms, Inc. is a Bitcoin mining and digital infrastructure company focused on a vertically integrated strategy. Riot has Bitcoin mining data center operations in central Texas, and electrical switchgear engineering and fabrication operations in Denver, Colorado.
Riot Rookie Internship Program:
At Riot, we are passionate about Bitcoin and educating others. We want our interns to find value in the work they accomplish with us. Our goal is to increase student exposure to Bitcoin and provide the opportunity for you to find creative solutions to real-world problems. We believe that this internship opportunity will uniquely position you to do just that and gain valuable industry experience in a publicly traded company.
You are interested in Bitcoin and want to be involved in the sector. You are creative and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. Lastly, you take the initiative, are self-sufficient, and are detail-oriented.
About the Role:
We are looking to add a Social Media Intern to our Costa Mesa Office. This is a summer internship, expected to last 10-weeks, with an average of 40-hours per week. It is our goal to provide a collaborative work environment that allows our intern to take ownership of their projects, experiment, and ask questions.
- Assist in building and executing social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
- Develop social media content plans that are consistent with Riot’s brand identity.
- Create consistent, meaningful content on all social media platforms, including writing and editing social media posts, improving customer engagement, and promoting social media campaigns.
- Manage a high volume of daily social media posts.
- Communicate with social media followers, including responding to queries in a timely manner.
- Use analytical tools such as Loomly, social media management platform, to monitor and evaluate the company’s social media presence and performance.
- Create monthly reports on social media marketing efforts.
- Ability to report to our Costa Mesa office 4-days a week for the internship duration; relocation is not provided by the company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; understanding of social media management and strategy.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Experience using various analytics software.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
Education and Experience:
- Rising Junior or Senior seeking degree in Graphic Design, Digital Marketing or related field, preferably local to the Costa Mesa, CA area
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prior internship experience preferred
- Competitive pay, employer perks, and flexible scheduling
- Apply classroom knowledge to real-world problems, gaining hands-on experience in various Marketing and Communication tasks
- Learn about the exciting world of Bitcoin from industry leaders
- Gain exposure to presenting to management and C-Suite levels within the company
- Build lasting relationships with mentors and leaders
- Upon successful completion of internship, a strong letter of recommendation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Riot believes the future of Bitcoin mining will benefit from American operations and endeavors to be the driver of that future.