Corporate Development Intern
Corporate Development Intern
Riot Platforms, Inc. is a Bitcoin mining and digital infrastructure company focused on a vertically integrated strategy. Riot has Bitcoin mining data center operations in central Texas, and electrical switchgear engineering and fabrication operations in Denver, Colorado.
Riot Rookie Internship Program:
At Riot, we are passionate about Bitcoin and educating others. We want our interns to find value in the work they accomplish with us. Our goal is to increase student exposure to Bitcoin and provide the opportunity for you to find creative solutions to real-world problems. We believe that this internship opportunity will uniquely position you to do just that and gain valuable industry experience in a publicly traded company.
You are interested in Bitcoin and want to be involved in the sector. You are creative and strive to improve organizational efficiency. You have strong communication skills and can multi-task. You identify problems and solve them. Lastly, you take the initiative, are self-sufficient, and are detail-oriented.
About the Role:
We are looking to add a Corporate Development Intern to our Costa Mesa Office. This is a summer internship, expected to last 10-weeks, with an average of 40-hours per week. It is our goal to provide a collaborative work environment that allows our intern to take ownership of their projects, experiment, and ask questions. This role will provide research and analytical support to the Corporate Development & Strategy team across a number of different workstreams, supporting team members and other departments as appropriate.
- Work closely with other team members in the Corporate Development team to conduct industry and competitive research and synthesize findings in a clear, concise format.
- Assist with, and conduct, basic financial analysis including industry valuation analyses.
- Assist with, and prepare, presentation materials to guide the Company’s executive leadership in decision-making.
- Ability to report to our Costa Mesa office at least 4-days a week for the internship duration
- Passionate about Bitcoin and developing the Bitcoin ecosystem.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Familiar with basic accounting and financial concepts.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn.
- Positive, proactive attitude.
Education and Experience:
- Rising Junior or Senior seeking a Bachelor’s degree in business / finance / accounting
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Competitive pay, employer perks, and flexible scheduling
- Apply classroom knowledge to real-world problems, gaining hands-on experience in various Business tasks
- Learn about the exciting world of Bitcoin from industry leaders
- Gain exposure to presenting to management and C-Suite levels within the company
- Build lasting relationships with mentors and leaders
- Upon successful completion of internship, a strong letter of recommendation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Riot believes the future of Bitcoin mining will benefit from American operations and endeavors to be the driver of that future.