Bitcoin/Lightning Open Source Developer Grant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About the Grants Program
Bitcoin’s long-term success requires a sustainable funding model for open source developers to maintain and extend the protocol, test and review code changes, and fix critical bugs in the software. Brink was founded to support Bitcoin development and Bitcoin open source developers. Our grant program is central to that mission.
The grant program awards year-long grants to established Bitcoin protocol developers to work full time on open source Bitcoin projects. Our primary focus is on the security and stability of the base protocol, but we will also fund research and development on extending functionality, scalability and usability of Bitcoin and related projects, including Lightning and other layer two technologies.
The grant program is open to developers anywhere in the world. Grant applicants must:
- have a track record of making high-quality, security-first contributions to Bitcoin or related projects.
- be committed to transparency and accountability. Brink is a publicly funded organization, and grantees are expected to publicly commit to project deliverables and give regular public updates on progress.
- be self-motivated and self-driven. Grantees will provide regular public updates on their projects, but day-to-day will be working independently. To be successful, grantees must thrive in a no-management work environment.
- be able to work collaboratively and constructively with other open-source contributors.
- be committed to increasing the impact of their contributions, growing the developer ecosystem and scaling Bitcoin and related projects.
Brink is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring process with applicants, whether internal or external, because of race, creed, color, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, veteran status, military status, application for military service or any other class per local, state or federal law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Brink exists to strengthen the Bitcoin protocol and network through fundamental research and development, and to support the Bitcoin developer communi...