Reliability Engineer - Security Operations
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan is hiring for a Reliability Engineer to work closely with our Infrastructure, Operations, and Security Teams. The ideal person will have broad experience with AWS and infrastructure automation to help our team build secure, auditable infrastructure as code. We’re looking for a foundational background in infrastructure engineering with a demonstrated ability and eagerness to learn, lead, and take ownership. This position will focus on the engineering and support of single sign-on (SSO) and AWS and Google infrastructure. A reliability engineer will spend up to 50% of their time doing operations-related work such as supporting issues, on-call, writing documentation, and system management. The other % of their time is on development tasks such as security audits, customer service, and building and learning reliability automation and engineering.
Here are some things that will help you succeed here:
- Knowledge of OAuth and SAML authentication standards preferred
- Experience supporting multi-vendor software-as-a-service (SaaS) applications
- Evaluate, select and integrate 3rd party products in the support of new or existing services
- Experience working with Cloud Applications desired
- Strong ability to effectively multitask and prioritize work, juggling daily support responsibilities with multiple project/product-driven activities.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Scripting and automation experience desired
- Solid ability to work independently or as part of a team to deliver features on agreed-upon timelines.
- You love to own product from design to implementation
Here’s a bit about our culture:
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us and become a Swan!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey.