We are seeking an individual specializing in financial modelling to join our team. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious finance professional interested in Bitcoin to drive catalytic change by bringing institutional capital to the Bitcoin network. This entrepreneurial role will have the opportunity to be heavily involved in the growth of the business and collaborate with the team as we look to achieve our long-term goals.
The following duties are generally representative of the type of work assigned and are not necessarily exhaustive.
• Develop a deep understanding of Battery’s strategy, informed by a strong knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products and services
• Support development of reporting and presentations, including drafting communication and preparing external materials
• Model and evaluate investment opportunities in bespoke transactions across cash and synthetic securitization, including
sovereign, commercial, and consumer credits
• Communicate investment findings and play an active role in the investment decision making process
• Monitor markets and investments
• Participate in Battery investment committee meetings
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
• 4+ years of work experience with formal credit training and securitized credit experience
• Excellent financial modelling skills with strong knowledge of coding language and structured finance systems (Intex, Kanerai, etc.)
• Deep understanding of the Bitcoin network
• Understanding of structured lending (e.g. Project Finance, Asset Finance, Real Estate Finance, etc).
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Excellent MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Bloomberg
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• High energy and a strong work ethic
• Self-starter with top-notch organizational skills
• Ability to multitask and work effectively under daily time constraints and in a fast-paced environment
• Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
Newmarket is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to principles of equity and promoting diversity and inclusion. We offer market-based compensation that is reflective of the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications. We also offer a full benefits package, inclusive of medical, dental, and vision benefits, and participation in the firm’s 401(k) plan.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are positioned at the intersection of impact, innovation, and solutions.