Lead Hardware Engineer
About the job
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Lead Hardware Engineer to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for designing and defining brand new hardware products. You will lead the development of connectors, firmware protocols, cards, electric chargers, controllers, and chips for a consumer hardware start up looking to scale up a prototype to full scale manufacturing.
We are an agile company.
This means you will be working in strong integrated partnership with other engineering functions (Thermal, Electronics, Mechanical etc), Technical Buyers, Supplier Quality, and Process Engineers.
Implementation and industrialization of new products
- Validate the technical choices (methods for manufacturing goods) and their industrial feasibility (production capacity, process reliability) by defining the tests and manufacturing trials.
- Select suppliers and production tools.
- Multi-sourcing of suppliers, with a view to a design for resilient rather than over cost
- Design, implement and coordinate processes and manufacturing lines.
- Implementation of tests on new products.
- Implementation of risk analyzes on the product.
Continuous improvement of industrialization processes
- Organize the improvement of products and processes.
- Identify defects (at the level of the processes themselves, or at the level of supply flows, etc.), identify the corrective actions to be implemented and deploy them.
- Optimize production tools, implement new manufacturing processes.
- Optimize production costs.
- Set up traceability of the tests carried out.
Industrial validation of R&D
- Define Production methods
- Quality study
- Definition of production tools
- Definition of assembly methods
Supply chain management
- Supply chain planning & budget management
- Inventory and order management
- Orders Management
- Logistics Tracking
- Supervision of the operator(s) internally
- Fluent English both written and spoken
- You know the issues relating to the production of electronic cards made in-house
- You are familiar with a wide range of industrial processes
- You are comfortable establishing relationships with suppliers and subcontractors and you know how to firmly defend the interests of the company (method, deadlines, price, quality, etc.)
- 5-10 years of experience conducting manufacturing for new consumer products with mechanical and electronic constraints
Your application has been successfully submitted.
enabling the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle