Technical Purchasing Manager - General Sourcing
About the job
We are looking for a motivated and experienced Technical Purchasing Manager to join our team! In this role, you will be responsible for establishing, developing and managing the supplier relationships for a consumer hardware start up looking to scale up a prototype to full scale manufacturing. You will be purchasing a wide range of products including technical components (eg. pressed steel, machined parts), trimming/finishing components (eg. fabric, wood) and packaging.
We are an agile company.
This means you will be working in strong integrated partnership with Supplier Quality, Process Engineering, R&D. Capable of working outside your regular scope of work.
- Build and maintain relationships with suppliers (1/ Suppliers & 2/ Contract Manufacturers in France for final assembly)
- Balance both tactical executions with strategic initiatives necessary to drive cost reduction projects.
- Manage the buying process: Negotiate contracts, improved prices, terms of business, schedule targets, business savings opportunities using procurement best practice tools and aligned with our sourcing policy.
- Collaborate with engineering team to build cost models and incorporate cost downs
- Develop and maintain a strong foundation of function skills and knowledge of relevant purchasing and sourcing concepts.
- Partner with Supplier Quality to accompany change control
- Monitor market trend and build buying models to optimize buying times
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in a similar role
- English business proficiency
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
enabling the transition to a more sustainable lifestyle