Head of Fraud Operations
Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
Strike is looking to hire a Head of Fraud Operations with a proven track record of leading high-performing teams and delivering results in a rapid growth environment. You will own fraud, set the strategic vision for Strike’s global payment and fraud program, work closely with product and engineering, grow a team of fraud specialists, and liaise with internal stakeholders and third-party partners in communicating fraud strategy to ensure the company meets and exceeds targets.
- Own fraud losses and fraud metrics responsible for Strike’s adherence to guidelines such as Nacha Operating Rules
- Develop overarching fraud and risk strategy across consumer and merchant products globally
- In partnership with product, build infrastructure to effectively monitor, measure and react to payment and identity fraud
- Act as critical point of contact for bank and processing partners for everything related to fraud and risk management, including regulatory and compliance requirements
- Lead and grow a team of fraud professionals to prevent, monitor and react to fraud
- Build reliable, scalable processes for preventing and monitoring fraud
- Develop and implement tailored solutions presented by fraud activity
- Embrace and leverage data in decision making and when making recommendations
- Proactively communicate risk insights and guidance to stakeholders regarding business operations and new product strategies
- Be a leader who consults to the business driving engagement and improvement
- Strong leadership, exceptional decision making and project management skills
- 10+ years working in financial services fraud and risk management preferably at a payments company; experience at a high growth fintech startup highly desired
- 5+ years managing people and teams
- Deep knowledge of fraud risks associated with banking, payments and bitcoin
- Understanding of fraud risk decision strategy development and decision engine capabilities
- Familiar with flow of funds between platforms and payment processing partners and how fraud occurs
- Strong knowledge of workflow/processes and risk controls including onboarding and transaction monitoring
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interface with multiple stakeholders and senior leadership
We do not make hiring decisions based on educational history whatsoever. Our Founder is a college dropout. We employ high school dropouts, PHD candidates and everything in-between. We do not hire credentials. We simply hire talented, passionate individuals who are excited to be a part of our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A more connected financial world