Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
We believe the availability of trustworthy data leads to insights that inform high quality decision making in all corners of our business. We are looking for a seasoned engineer who lives and breathes data. You know what a world-class data organization looks like and can take a lead to empower analysts and engineers in teams throughout Strike.
- Collaborate with and empower data analysts by building the pipelines and tooling needed to effectively generate data-based insights
- Embed directly in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives
- Work with other data specialists to define and execute a data infrastructure roadmap that serves diverse stakeholders
- Be a key contributor to the evaluation and definition of a data-centric technology stack that will scale with our business as it grows
- Help to grow the data engineering team, collaborating in the hiring process and mentoring new team members
- Educate the business on best practice and continually raise the bar when it comes to the production, application and maintenance of data at Strike
- 4+ years of data engineering experience in a product focused environment
- Worked with high volume heterogeneous data across distributed systems
- Experience building pipelines using popular data processing frameworks running in the cloud via Google Cloud Platform
- Deep knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- An understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- Experience defining and building infrastructure to serve a wider engineering organization
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism and roll-up the sleeves mentality
- Excellent interpersonal communication and conflict resolution skills
- Able to balance both short term and long term initiatives
- Proficiency with data analysis using tools such as SQL and BigQuery
- Experience with orchestration and pipelining tools such as Airflow and Dataflow
- Experience with Terraform, Docker, and CI/CD tools is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A more connected financial world