Head of Design
Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
Strike is looking for a Head of Design to lead the Design team and deliver the best product experiences for our customers. Strike is on a mission to build a more connected financial world, and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about creating products that empower and delight customers as they participate in a bitcoin-native financial experience. As Head of Design you will partner with experts in engineering, design, data, marketing, and research to help launch new products globally.
- Lead the direction of product and brand inline with the wider company strategy
- Build a team of experienced designers, providing direction, pushing the quality of the work, and inspiring a healthy design culture
- Drive design discipline-wide conversations and create deliverables on how to improve process, operations, and tools throughout all of Strike
- Lead by example and be a reference, mentor, and guide for your team
- Coach and develop the designers at Strike
- Grow and scale the team
- Enable and support the delivery of creative and high-impact design work
- Raise the standards of design across Strike
- Establish a culture of creative ideation
- Establish design principles
- 6+ years experience mentoring, managing, and coaching direct reports
- 8+ years experience designing consumer-facing desktop and mobile applications
- Experience managing a diverse team including product designers, brand designers, researchers, writers, exhibiting ability to build, mentor, and motivate them
- A diverse portfolio of work that illustrates your ability to have impact and lead at the project level, product level, organization level, and company level.
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity (e.g., new processes, teams, systems)
- Empathy to work with a diverse array of cross functional peers and stakeholders
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism and roll-up the sleeves mentality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience and interest for Bitcoin and Fintech is a plus
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A more connected financial world