Senior Elixir Engineer
Coinbits is on a mission to bring the Bitcoin Standard into being, one bitcoiner at a time. Our products include the Coinbits app for both passive and active bitcoin saving, Coinbits Reserve, a concierge service for high net worth individuals and business, and more in the pipeline. We hire opinionated bitcoiners with the chops, self-direction, and sense of ownership needed to survive and thrive in our high-intensity, distributed startup.
We're looking for a Backend/Fullstack engineer who can join our small, and dynamic team. By joining the team early in our current growth phase, you will have tremendous impact by planning, designing, and implementing core pieces to our Bitcoin financial platform
What you'll do
- Build, test, and deploy products using Elixir and other backend technologies & tools while working cross functionally to deliver on the product map for your team
- Promote scalability and reliability across all aspects of our systems by advocating for continuous improvement within code standards and testing; using ExUnit to write high-value automated tests.
- Participate in architectural design meetings & code reviews with engineering team
- Independently execute on your deliverables with accountability, proactively identifying and escalating blockers in real-time
- Mentor, coach, train other engineers on the team; reviewing code, paired programming, etc.
What we want to see
- You have 4+ years with one or more object-oriented or functional programming languages, with a desire to learn and work with Elixir
- You have previous experience building and deploying applications on AWS, GCP, or Azure, and are familiar with the services that one or more of these platforms offer
- You have experience designing and/or implementing REST and GraphQL APIs
- You have a passion for writing concise, performant, and extensible code to create reliable and scalable products
- You have experience building or using distributed systems, and can confidently talk to their architectures and trade-offs
- You write tests, and have experience with continuous integration and deployment tools
- You have experience profiling and optimizing the performance of code you write
- You have experience working on a globally distributed team as part of a remote workforce, or you have a desire to work in a globally distributed, remote environment
- You value collaboration, both for yourself and your peers, and are thoughtful in your communication when sharing ideas or opinions
- You're able to build relationships across departments and operate semi-autonomously, unblocking yourself and peers when needed
- You have experience and/or a desire to be a technical mentor to engineers on your team
- Excellent listening, oral, and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and persuasion skills
- Passion for bitcoin and its potential to drive positive change
- Elixir backend application
- React / Typescript
- A mix of custom WebSocket RPC / GraphQL / REST
Experience in all areas of our stack is not required. If you are a committed developer who likes to learn and your experience includes other types of functional programming, please apply.
About the team
- We are both self-directed and highly collaborative. We rely on the personal leadership of all our team members to make an impact.
- Our team is distributed, with the option of working onsite at HQ in New Jersey if desired.
- The core of our workday takes place during work hours in the Eastern timezone of the US.
- We are highly engaged in the bitcoin community. All our team members are invited to participate in externally-facing activities.
- We balance our love for discussing and debating big ideas with the discipline to execute and ship.
How to Apply
To apply, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio. Provide work samples where possible, and please indicate your role and contribution for each project submitted.
For extra credit, show us an example of something that’s good, and an example of something that’s great.*
*Not something you created, and no explanation needed.
CoinBits is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The best way to get started with bitcoin.