Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no added fees. Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network – the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native payments experience.
Strike is looking to hire a Security Engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of Cyber Security (Bitcoin knowledge would be a huge advantage).
Reporting to our Director of Security, our Security Engineer will be expected to have meticulous attention to detail, an understanding of cloud computing/security (preferably Google Cloud), and can work comfortably under pressure while delivering on tight deadlines.
We expect the person in this role to apply cyber security industry best practices (NIST, CIS, CSA, OWASP, ISO) to evolve Strike’s existing processes and technology at the pace of the business growth. You will be working with members across the enterprise to understand their
current cyber security state, then identifying gaps and engineering solutions to align with the security program initiatives. You will own both the engineering, implementation and documentation functions related to security.
We are looking for someone that can build, maintain and improve our overall security infrastructure and also has experience with engineering and deploying cyber security solutions.
The ideal candidate will also have had hands-on experience with configuring, deploying, and managing MDM, Okta, EDR, VPN, Firewalls, and more.
- Analyze, design, develop, implement, and support Okta integrations for various business functions
- Experience with OKTA planning, implementation, and operations
- Interface with the Infrastructure team to provide security recommendations on service design and application development/coding
- Managing cryptography and encryption of data in the cloud
- Logging, monitoring, and responding to detect incidents in a cloud environment
- Serving as the voice of the customer to the development teams when resolving security issues
- Assist with scoping and testing new cyber security solutions to enhance our overall security posture
- Assist with the building and deployment of security policies to corporate (and BYOD) assets
- Assist with Mobile Device Management
- Patch management across the fleet of devices, including IT security principles, e.g., endpoint hardening, data security, user security
- Working closely with the Director of Security and other team leadership members to deliver on requirements and report on progress
- 6+ years of proven experience in Information Security
- 3+ years of proven Security experience in one or more public clouds
- i.e.; Managing security on Google Cloud / GKE
- Experience with Okta planning, implementation, and operations
- Familiarity with SCIM and knowledge of various API authentication standards are a plus.
- Experience with MDM Solutions such as JAMF, AirWatch, Mosyle, Intune, etc.
- Experience with EDR
- Sensor deployment, threat hunting, malware remediation, and reporting
- Understanding of NIST 800-53 or CIS frameworks
- Understanding of Linux environments
- Strong knowledge of systems administration, including security, networking, monitoring, alerting, etc.
- 1 or more accredited security certifications such as:
- CISSP (preferred),
- CASP +,
- Okta Certified Administrator (or Consultant),
- Google Professional Cloud Engineer
The ideal candidate application will contain a cover letter that provides a brief outline detailing a unique combination of skills, experience and how Strike would benefit from working with you.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A more connected financial world