Marketing and Communications Lead
About Trammell Venture Partners
Founded in 2016 by partners Christopher Calicott and Dustin Trammell, Trammell Venture Partners (TVP) is an Austin-based venture capital firm focused on investing in seed- and early-stage startups building on the Bitcoin protocol stack. Our focus derives from our market thesis on the emergence of Bitcoin as the internet’s native monetary layer. Our investment style is high-conviction and high-concentration in markets we feel exhibit very large, asymmetrical return potential.
The Way You’d Drive Our Firm Forward
You’ll be a TVP marketing and communications infiltrator. Co-developing and executing on TVP’s marketing strategy, you’ll work to develop our firm’s visibility and brand voice through our growing overall platform including websites, social and real time communications channels, and publishing from blog posts to for-public research pieces.
You’ll thrive in this role if you like challenges and feel good about being empowered to achieve big results. Some regular roles and responsibilities include (i) public relations; from messaging development, delivery, and media training to serving in a consultative capacity to our portfolio companies in this regard, (ii) developing our website and coordinating with partners, creatives, and developers to define and achieve success online, (iii) investor relations including developing brand-aligned presentations and marketing materials, (iv) event production including our annual LP and founder symposium as well as smaller events with investors and portfolio companies, and (v) coordinating with partners to support business development from a marketing perspective.
- Writing and editing different forms of marketing and communications pieces
- Managing in-bound media requests and scheduling for speaking engagements and podcasts
- Developing and maintaining the firm’s website including article publishing
- Building our online audience and engagement via our communications channels
- Producing our annual LP and founder symposium and other events during the year
- Building and developing firm processes to support consistent marketing and PR flow throughout the year
- Measuring and analyzing marketing and communications outcomes to improve results
Who We’re Looking For
We’re a small but growing firm and we’re looking for the rare high-potential person with the skills, energy, and enthusiasm to succeed and grow with us as we build what’s next for TVP. The best person sees great opportunity to develop our firm and themselves by impacting our marketing and communications reach globally.
As our investment strategy is focused on Bitcoin-native companies in our latest fund series, the candidate must be enthusiastic for Bitcoin and the positive disruption it is bringing to the world.
These Characteristics Should Describe You:
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communications, or business is preferred but not required
- Experience in brand development, marketing, communications, PR, or similar business function in tech or crypto startups
- Enthusiastic for tackling challenges in a team environment
- Strong writing and communications skills
- An ability to coach and train media communications excellence in others
- Can use data to build a narrative or story
- Superior work ethic and personal integrity
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build rapport and business relationships in-person and virtually across firms globally
- Significant knowledge of Bitcoin and Lightning
- Two or more years of relevant full-time work experience at a venture capital firm, investment bank, hedge fund, proprietary trading firm, private equity firm, or venture-backed startup
Travel and Location:
Position is based at our offices in Austin, Texas. Some travel should be expected. Relocation unavailable.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter explaining why you’re a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Trammell Venture Partners