Head of Product
We are making one critical product hire who will help steer things for years to come and will become a valued leader and equity holder in our organization. You will grow with the organization and will be rewarded for doing so.
Who we are:
We are The Bitcoin Company and we're building a Bitcoin neobank / superapp that lets our users transition away from the legacy financial system to a company that replicates all the same features but also builds Bitcoin into the core as a native currency, not an investment. We are going to give people a reasonable way to drop their legacy banking and financial applications for a one stop bitcoin-focused financial solution. We are doing it all, building a one stop shop for Bitcoin, and you need to be prepared for what that entails.
Right now we have a bitcoin rewards app that allows you to buy open and closed loop gift cards (in the US and internationally) and earn bitcoin rewards on everything. Very soon we will be rolling out physically delivered gift cards, purchases with debit and credit , card linked offers, along with tons of other features. You should ideally be familiar with the financial space, bitcoin, and technical products.
What we're looking for:
We need a rockstar to lead our product... but also prioritize features, roadmap, organize technical development, collaborate with designers, write user stories, talk to customers, help lead day to day operations, answer customer support tickets, lead social media efforts, email marketing efforts, manage our ASO and SEO... write up future job posts... just about everything.
Right now you will have to come in and juggle 100 things.
In 1 year, you will have to come in and juggle 500 things.
You should be a jack of all trades and take extreme pride in what you put out into the world.
You should be personally offended when you see a typo in the app or a customer who is not satisfied. You should be pissed when a user gets confused about what to do next... because it was your fault. You should be thinking of future features and jumping into the codebase to support the team where you can.
Ideally, you should be able to discuss technical topics with our development team. You should be able to understand intricacies of Bitcoin, Lightning, legacy financial protocols, etc... not necessarily on a superrrr deep technical level, but ideally, yes. You should have a design eye and be able to make on the spot decisions which don't negatively affect UX. You should have experience leading teams of top end developers, prioritizing their time, and holding them accountable to company timelines and goals. You should have products that you have built in the past and teams you have led which you can point to. Bonus if you've done this in Bitcoin.
You should be comfortable taking our CEO's product, tech, customer support, regulatory, operations, hiring, user testing related workload off his plate. You should be comfortable talking to the CEO of [insert financial company X]. You should be comfortable talking to [random user Y]. You should be willing to plunge the toilet.
You must be humble enough to defer credit to your team when things go well and have enough courage and accountability to accept the blame when things go wrong... whether it was your fault or not.
You should have a clearly defined personal vision of what you want to see in the world, and truly believe that you along with a good intentioned, motivated, and well-led team can execute that vision.
As the Product lead you will...
- Lead discovery efforts to identify and evaluate opportunities to deliver value to customers through new products and solutions
- Manage the lifecycle of all projects including gathering requirements, writing and prioritizing user stories, identifying and escalating risks, and overseeing deadlines
- Partner with Business Development to determine growth strategy for the product suite and better understand stakeholder desires and expectations
- Work closely with the VP of Engineering to develop a robust and innovative product strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with Business Development and Marketing to create and implement a Go-to-Market strategy
- Define and track performance metrics to measure product impact
Must be able to:
- Get hands on
- Do all the things when things can't be delegated... everything
- Be the middle man between all teams including: marketing, product, technical, c-suite, sales, design, business development, etc.
- Lead user research, regulatory deep dives, and gaps in the market to identify and evaluate opportunities to expand our product lines, both from a product feature and geographic perspective.
- Own the end to end lifecycle of all projects, from discovery to delivery. This will entail user, legal, and regulatory research, writing user stories, creating and hitting deadlines, and optimizing product roadmap.
- be the glue that holds our team together and motivates us to work harder than we already are
- wake up a 3am for a customer support ticket
- work with marketing and business development teams to enhance and grow existing product lines while simultaneously developing GTM strategies and partnerships for future product lines
- articulate to a mom why bitcoin matters, convince a financial advisor who is skeptical of bitcoin to invest, or explain to a CEO why an absence of bitcoin on their balance sheet is a critical threat to their business
- work with research and education teams to develop courses and curriculums to onboard and education the masses
- Define KPIs, build out ways to track them, and rigorously optimize them in an ongoing fashion
- Improve micro and macro aspects of our product
- Clearly articulate faults/flaws in competitors and be able to improve their UX, product flows, and experience
- A/B test and improve based upon results
- identify and hire talent
- jump into a meeting the CEO can't take
- jump into a meeting the CTO can't take
- jump into a meeting the CMO can't take
- talk to users
- ideate as fast as our team does
- write user stories
- set goals and hold others accountable
- balance ideation and potential opportunities with our existing roadmap, capital requirements, and impact potential
- tell the CEO to fuck off when his head is in the clouds
- tell others on the team when they fuck up and how to improve (in a constructive way)
- manage remote teams and work with employees and contractors
- own the product
- a Bitcoiner
- a proven product leader with 5+ yrs of experience at a SaaS/Fintech/Bitcoin Company
- Ready to work your ass off for the next 5-10 years to build something that truly matters
Honestly, you should already know us and what we're doing, who we are, and what we've built. We're a very small team, but have been getting major adoption and are moving towards a full stack banking and bitcoin exchange tool, so there's tons of opportunity to be a top 5 employee at a growing bitcoin-only startup.
You should be open to join on a 3 month trial period, be open to moving to Austin, TX, and garnering other responsibilities as you grow.
You should be able to step in as CEO and leader if the company needed you to.
You'll probably be a little underpaid, like the rest of the team, until we raise our next round. You're probably overqualified. But you have the chance to join something great as one of the earliest employees. If that rings with you, you should apply.
Sorry if this posting was untraditional and caught you off guard. If you can't get comfortable with that then you aren't gonna make it with us. If you liked it, and you fit the bill, then you should definitely apply. We could do something great.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin, for everyone.