Platform / Automation engineer
Galoy is an open-source banking infrastructure with bitcoin as the base layer of money. The first deployment of our software is in El Salvador, with the Bitcoin Beach Wallet.
The Bitcoin Beach Wallet started as a proof of concept of a community wallet to help the adoption of bitcoin in El Zonte. The main starting point was to use lightning to transact with the magic internet money easily.
This experiment evolved: Bitcoin became legal tender in El Salvador! Galoy’s Bitcoin Beach Wallet is now consistently the second most used in the country.
Our solution is instant, nearly free, and compatible with anyone using the lightning network. Our mission now is to bring Bitcoin to the first billion users, and we’re looking for the right people to help us get there!
About the Role:
We’re hiring full-time platform + automation engineers to help us scale the operations of our banking infrastructure to serve all our clients need. You wil be working directly with the technical leaders to improve Galoy’s infrastructure and internal automation processes and optimize for stability, security and maintainability.
The ideal candidate:
- Believe in open source and decentralized money
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- Designing and testing our automation processes with a focus on the ability for developers to self-service.
- Ensuring smooth execution of ongoing operational tasks via automation.
- Assist in adding additional infrastructure components to the galoy stack.
- Understand the challenges of running a Bank as a Service platform provider at a global scale
- Ability to work remotely across time zones
- Ability to tackle challenging engineering problems
- Experience maintaining large scale automation suits
- Experience in release-engineering
- Proficient in most of the following: Kubernetes, Helm, carvel.dev tools, GCP, AWS, terraform, Concourse CI, Opentelemetry, Prometheus, Vault
- Familiar with Bitcoin and Lightning Network
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
If you're interested in this opportunity:
- Send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Take a look at our open sourced infrastructure setup or charts repository.
We pay in Bitcoin, but we’re willing to pay in Fiat if necessary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Open source Bitcoin Banking for communities