Galoy aspires to be a leading Bitcoin banking infrastructure company. We build open-source software that enables communities and institutions to connect to and offer financial services on Bitcoin and Lightning.
Our mission is to make it easy for communities and enterprises around the world to use Bitcoin as money. The first deployment of Galoy software is the Bitcoin Beach Wallet, our proof of concept in El Salvador.
The wallet was launched in 2020 to support the adoption of Bitcoin and Lightning in El Zonte. When Bitcoin became legal tender in El Salvador in 2021, the Bitcoin Beach Wallet and the Bitcoin Beach project gained worldwide recognition as proof that Bitcoin can be used as a medium of exchange.
Now, we’re looking for the right people to join us in helping to bring Bitcoin to a billion users by connecting more communities and institutions to the network.
About the Role:
We're hiring full-time backend engineers to help us develop the banking infrastructure bitcoin needs to scale around the world. You will work directly with the technical leaders, to improve Galoy’s application design, and optimize for stability, security, and maintainability.
The ideal candidate:
- Has fallen into the rabbit hole and is looking for a way to help accelerate global Bitcoin adoption and education
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- Improve end-to-end workflow by leveraging types, testing and observability.
- Improve the overall code quality by refactoring towards best practices.
- Take ownership of the application lifecycle and end-to-end implementation of new features.
- Take ownership over the technical direction for extracted services.
- Follow good software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration / continuous delivery, and testing
- Understand the challenges of running a Bank as a Service platform provider at a global scale
- Ability to work remotely across time zones
- Ability to tackle challenging engineering problems
- Proficient in typescript, nodejs, MongoDB, Postgres, helm;
- Understanding of architectural patterns like event-based message passing and hexagonal architecture;
- Familiar with Bitcoin and Lightning Network;
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment;
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
If you're interested in this opportunity:
We pay in Bitcoin, but we’re willing to pay in Fiat if necessary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Open source Bitcoin Banking for communities