Who We Are
Whinstone US is a leader in high-performance computing. We design, build and operate large-scale computing solutions at our site in Rockdale, Tx. Whinstone US has created a unique solution that lies within the framework for tiered Data Centers. We shine in our ability to design and build quickly, provide custom design solutions, and navigate the complex world of large-scale electricity procurement.
About this Role
We are looking to add an experienced Civil Engineer to our Engineering and Construction division. The Civil Engineer is expected to plan, approve and oversee all site civil activities. This position will function as part of the Engineering team and report directly to the Director of Engineering Procurement and Construction (EPC).
- Working as part of a larger multi-disciplinary team while leading junior team members.
- Preparing drawings, specifications, cost estimates, and RFQ’s.
- Analyzing surveys, geotechnical reports, topography's, maps, and similar data.
- Planning and design of site preparation, drainage, roads, building foundations and utilities.
- Developing project cost estimates, construction timelines, and resource allocation plans.
- Using design software to create project drawings and renderings.
- Providing oversight to contractors, vendors and team members working on civil projects.
- Collaborating with engineering and operations departments to help ensure site-wide safety and efficiency.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- 5 years of experience with commercial and/or industrial construction projects.
- Strong communication, analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with site preparation, foundation and structural design.
- Proficient with Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, specifically 1910.
- Management level interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with EPC contracts as well as design and engineering contractors.
Required / Preferred Education
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or comparable experience.
- AutoDesk Certification or equivalent is preferred.
- PE not required.
Competitive compensation to commensurate with experience.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Riot believes the future of Bitcoin mining will benefit from American operations and endeavors to be the driver of that future.