Bitcoin software developer
You would contribute to the Open Source implementation of the Revault protocol.
We are looking for someone with experience developing on, and with a good understanding of, Bitcoin. We are using Rust as the primary language for development, but experience with Rust is not required as long as you have experience with C, C++ or similar programming languages.
First and foremost, you would contribute to the protocol specifications. As a new engineer you would start by reviewing the architecture and familiarize yourself with the "version 0" protocol. Along the way you would raise any concern or ideas for improvements. New ideas are welcome and often debated. Have a look at the issue tracker at practical-revault for instances of protocol discussions.
Then, you would contribute to the implementation of these specifications in the `revault_tx` and the `revault_net` libraries. See the issues tagged "RFC-setttled" for instances of modifications that were (or have yet to be) implemented there.
You would help finalize the implementation of `revaultd`, the "wallet" daemon:
- Implementation of the "bypass" flow
- Harden the naive implementation of the Emergency broadcast
- Test, and fix, various recovery scenarii
- Review others' PRs (yeah, that'd actually be a large part of your time!)
- Miscellaneous hardening, robustness improvements, and bug fixes. See https://github.com/revault/revaultd/issues for ideas :)
You would also contribute to the servers implementation:
- The plugin system for spending policies on the watchtower needs some love
- We'll need to interface the cosigning server with a hardware signer
- Eventually, the coordinator may be extended with more integration services
Above all we are looking for a person to join our still very small team, at an early stage of both the project and the company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bitcoin security company