Senior Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The internet is broken. It’s because of monetization and centralization. Ads don’t monetize well, and aren’t based on one's value – rather, their willingness to buy something else. Subscriptions and large up-front purchases are a huge commitment and don’t work for most experiences.
We're building the online payments platform to remonetize the internet, enabling a new era online – one that is filled with quality, trusted, abundant and accessible experiences. We are doing this by powering net-new business models so that builders, creators and developers can earn significantly more – their true value.
Mash is built on Bitcoin and the Lightning Network, perfect digitally-native interoperable money. Sound, scalable, trust-minimized, programmable. It can be sent around the world instantly, at no/low costs. It's the most transformative payment technology ever conceived, and realized.
Our first product enables builders to integrate usage-based pricing mechanisms directly into their digital apps, content & experiences with just a snippet of code. It also adds the easiest to use consumer bitcoin lightning wallet right into the experience – without a download being required.
We’re a team of builders, each with experience at start-ups, scale-ups and big tech – including Google, Amazon, Lazer, Typeform and Fitbit. We are well-funded and backed by top VCs and angels.
Role & responsibilities
* Build, ship, and maintain features and infrastructure.
* Participate in system architecture and technical design.
* Work closely with a cross-functional team (product, design, engineering).
* Understand and learn user needs.
* Identify opportunities for innovation.
* Develop a deep technical understanding of Bitcoin and Lightning, and collaborate with the community to further advance Bitcoin/Lightning tech.
Examples of problems we’re solving
* Building a scalable payments platform for the web with Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
* Enabling diverse monetized experiences across the web for content such as mini-apps, tools, articles, video streaming, audio, and more.
* Creating a digital wallet with Bitcoin and Lightning that is persistent and can be embedded across the web – e.g., websites, mobile apps, etc.
TypeScript, React, Go, PostgreSQL, Terraform, Containers, and LND.
* 5+ years of experience in at-scale software development.
* Skilled in 1 or more system programming language, such as Go, Java, C++, C#, etc.
* Experience with relational databases (such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.).
* Experience with cloud providers (such as Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
* Bonus: Mobile development experience (with tools such as React Native), past work with distributed systems, knowledge/interest in Bitcoin and the Lightning Network.
* Note: You don’t need blockchain expertise, or have to be convinced on the merits of Bitcoin yet, but we know you will be once you dig in!
* Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy – self-starter and problem solver.
* Thrive in a team environment – focused on team goals.
* Great communication skills.
* Have a passion for lifelong learning.
* Note: We don't use seniority titles at Mash – it's for the long-term. Happy to share the reasoning if curious.
How we work
We treat your time as the scarce asset that it is. We respect people being heads down and having the time to get into a flow. Distractions and context switching are things we work to minimize. We have meetings for specific purposes – and leverage async channels as much as possible. This allows us to maintain a high-velocity with appropriate collaboration.
Mash has an open and direct culture. We use data to make decisions. We believe that not making a decision is a decision – and a terrible one. We have strong conviction and take action. We can agree to disagree and move forward after reviewing the details. As we learn, we will re-evaluate, iterate and push forward. We are dedicated to the mission.
Mash is a remote-first company. We are doing this deliberately to assemble the best team possible and enable you to work where it fits best into your life. For those that prefer an in-person based environment, we will consider having mini-offices in cities that we have a meaningful presence in.
Join the movement
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org – and include a bit about yourself, your resume, and three bullet points about why you are specifically interested in Mash's mission.
Bonus: Want to try out the soft launched alpha version of Mash and share some feedback? Check out the following meme-sites built for bitcoiners, by bitcoiners with Mash bitcoin + lightning monetization – prophecybitcoin.com and mashingmonsters.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A radically better way to monetize your digital experiences and content