This job is no longer accepting applications.
Job Description – Product Designer
We’re here to introduce the world to Bitcoin. Fold makes it easy and fun to earn bitcoin, instead of airline miles and hotel points, via our mobile app and the Fold Visa Debit Card. We’re growing like crazy with a loyal (and loud!) community which has generated a lot of buzz (Fortune, Bloomberg).
Fold’s Product Designer will work closely with the Head of Design to help define and design the future of Fold. You will be responsible for owning the design and execution of fun, boundary-defying, unique and memorable experiences across all platforms. You have a passion for design and craft; a scrappy nature and fearless drive towards experimentation and out-of-the-box thinking; and a proven record of bringing such solutions to life and seeing results.
How You’ll Drive Product Love at Fold
- Play a key role in shaping the future of Fold App and how people can be empowered to achieve financial freedom in the most enjoyable way possible.
- Contribute to defining our product experience and design system across several foundational surfaces.
- Build wireframes and prototypes to high fidelity designs with superior craft
- Conduct user research or usability tests, synthesizing & sharing both qualitative and quantitative insights to the rest of the team
- Identify inefficiencies or bottlenecks in process & develop solutions when needed
- Work with Development, Product, Growth & Support teams when needed to develop solutions, assure quality, and communicate requirements & designs
Why We’ll Love You
- You have a deep love for finding creative solutions to unique problems, with a great eye for design and healthy appetite for experimentation
- You think about the product experience holistically – beyond just the screen
- You’re comfortable owning and digging into a variety of projects- from a broad, loosely defined feature or concept that needs tons of exploration, to more tactical flows & production
- You show demonstrated comfort with an iterative design process that includes accepting and acting on feedback
- You like to have fun, and want to be part of a team that is building an innovative product
- You have experience working for an early stage startup, and are able to balance the optimism and pragmatism that are required to work in that environment
- You’re intellectually curious, comfortable rolling up your sleeves to find solutions and learn new things, with a focus on supporting the growth of the company
- We’re a remote team, so strong self-management and collaboration skills are important!
Why You’ll Love Us
Fold is fun. Our people are fun, our product is fun. We make financial freedom fun. We try to make our benefits fun, too!
- We’re a highly collaborative, fully remote team
- Generous benefits, including paid parental leave, health, vision, dental insurance, and HSA/FSA and
- Generous 401k match
- Monthly work from home stipend
- Unlimited time off policy
- Yearly vacation stipend. We pay you to go on vacation, as long as you don’t do any work!
- Annual company retreats and optional mini onsites every quarter for our remote team to meet and cowork
- Do you hate Mondays? We close the office the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month and you’ll never have Monday meetings
- If you’re feeling spontaneous, spin on our “Spin and Go Weekend Wheel” during a weekly meeting and we’ll pay you to go travel that weekend wherever it lands.
- New to Bitcoin? We offer all our new hires a “starter pack” to get you up to speed, including learning materials about Bitcoin and your own hardware wallet.
- And much much more!
Product Designer Requirements:
- 4+ years of industry experience designing software products
- Experience utilizing research and data to drive product strategy and decision making
- Evidence of having launched and/or proposed design solutions to business problems that have influenced the direction and outcome of shipped products.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates a breadth of user experience, interaction and visual design skills
- HTML, 3D Illustration, Animation, Video skills a huge plus!
- Proficiency using Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, and other necessary software
- US Residency (a current requirement of being a Fold Card holder)
- Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com
- Interested in the position, but don’t meet all the requirements? We’d still love to meet you, and invite you to apply. Fold is an equal opportunity employer. We don’t discriminate against applicants for any reason.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Earn bitcoin on everything.