Director of Product, API
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Strike's mission is to build a more connected financial world.
Strike allows users to send and receive money anywhere, instantly, with no fees.
Strike is built on top of the Bitcoin network - the largest global, interoperable and open payments standard. Strike believes that open payment networks enable universal participation in the financial system, ushering in a new digital economy with truly borderless money transfers. Strike leverages Bitcoin’s open payment network to offer users the first global peer-to-peer payments app and a novel bitcoin-native neobanking experience.
We are looking for an exceptional and experienced Director of Product to lead the API platform at Strike. You will be working with cross-functional teams to set priorities, build/execute roadmaps, define requirements, establish priorities and optimize the product’s market and technical potential. You should have a demonstrated history of new Product Development and continuous in-service differentiation through product evolution and extension.
- Act as the "voice of the customer" for our API product
- Own multiple products and define business planning decisions
- Support defining minimum viable product (MVP) and analyzing feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, and other aspects of planned or potential programs
- Develop test plans, user story acceptance criteria, and participate in team demos and retrospectives
- Engage the team and gain alignment regarding product strategy and business outcome with focus on continuous improvement
- Thought leadership and overall product & business responsibility for your platform area
- Work with leadership, product, engineering, and designers to formulate our vision and roadmap
- Identify areas of differentiation to create great experiences for our users
- Serve as an evangelist with internal and external stakeholders to develop and execute strategy
- Work with customers to determine needs and refine ideas with concepts and product feedback
- Provide a business perspective when evaluating product investment decisions
- Deep understanding and experience with API products and/or payment products
- Ability to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences
- Ability to influence a diverse group of stakeholders through strong leadership skills
- Ability to make business and product decisions under pressure on daily basis, and to own the outcome
- Ability to make trade-off decisions, including a strong understanding of what is technically feasible
- Exceptional quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills to gain insight into product needs and generate ideas
- Deep knowledge of the modern product management practices
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment
- Resourcefulness, pragmatism and roll-up the sleeves mentality
- A highly experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty or ambiguity
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We do not make hiring decisions based on educational history whatsoever. Our founder is a college dropout. We employ high school dropouts, PhD candidates and everything in-between. We do not hire credentials. We simply hire talented, passionate individuals who are excited to be a part of our team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A more connected financial world