Security Operations Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Unchained Capital, our mission is to put every bitcoin holder securely in control of their assets. Our collaborative custody vaults make it easy to set up and manage multisig bitcoin storage, while providing a foundation to financial services for the long-term bitcoin holder, including trading, loans, and retirement accounts. We guide our clients through their bitcoin journey, equipping them with the knowledge, reassurance, and tools they need to secure their financial futures in ways that a traditional financial services institution cannot.
As Security Operations Associate, you’ll help to develop and administer our security programs and procedures. You’ll be working closely with virtually all of our departments to deliver on duties that include:
- Plan, schedule, and conduct periodic reviews of application access levels with appropriate section leaders to ensure access levels are current and appropriate for each person’s duties
- Coordinate with HR to track when employees change roles internally and adjust system access levels accordingly.
- Coordinate with HR and system administration staff during employee off-boarding to ensure access is removed effectively and thoroughly when personnel leave the company
- Maintain internal list of current software tools and online services
- Maintain the inventory of critical IT devices, security tokens, and other trackable items as directed
Security program support
- Manage access control and security monitoring systems for the office.
- Schedule periodic maintenance and repairs of access control and security monitoring systems as needed.
- Provide periodic measures of security program effectiveness per the direction of the Head of Security (e.g., % of employees fully trained, % of employees using security tools provided, etc.).
Policy & procedure library
- Maintain the library of security policies, procedures, and SOPs for Unchained
- Track approvals and updates for policy and procedure documents
- Serve as point of contact for employees and field questions related to such policies and procedures
Security training & awareness
- Help to properly onboard new employees
- Schedule employee in-briefs
- Track and document security refresher awareness/training dates and schedule refreshers
You have 2+ years of hands-on security operations experience. Ideally, you’ve worked in a technology or fintech startup.
You are based in Austin, Texas, or willing to move, and are willing to work in our office several days/week as needed.
You have experience with Google Workspace and the Microsoft suite. You have the aptitude to learn new tools quickly.
You have strong organizational skills and impeccable discretion. People describe you as trustworthy and dependable.
You take pride and ownership in your work and are confident with identifying and reporting security violations for investigation. You take the initiative to provide training where necessary.
You have a basic understanding of bitcoin and the desire to learn more. You can explain to someone the value proposition of bitcoin at a basic level. You understand Unchained’s brand and our value proposition.
What you can expect in your first year
- First month: Get to know the various security programs that are in place and being developed. Become familiar with our hardware and software applications and understand which roles need access to which devices and systems.
- Next three months: Develop and own inventory and device tracking system. Organize and maintain the library of security policies and procedures and collaborate with HR on training and refresher tracking.
- Next eight months: Work with the security and compliance teams to ensure that policies, procedures, and SOPs are accurate and up to date. Analyze security program effectiveness by measuring completion rates and follow-ups needed. Identify and recommend solutions for gaps, discrepancies, and ineffective systems.
When building our team, we’re primarily looking for experience, talent, and passion, so if you’re worried about not having the relevant degree or something like that, don’t worry, we don’t judge. However, there are certainly a few things we’d consider as bonuses in your application:
- Experience working in the bitcoin industry
In addition to competitive pay, Unchained offers best-in-class benefits including:
- Bonus plan, 401k, and stock options
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Training & development opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements
Not to mention, you’ll be working alongside the most talented, passionate, and hard-working people in our industry!
Unchained Capital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and do not discriminate based on race, gender, color, religion, age, or any other basis protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The first Bitcoin native financial services company offering collaborative multisig vaults, loans, and buy bitcoin OTC. Not your keys, not your coins.