Head of IT Security (Remote)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OpenNode is building the future of money through simple, secure, instant, and low-cost Bitcoin payment infrastructure for businesses, platforms, and people everywhere.
We are now seeking an IT Security Engineer to oversee network security, platform security, and information security, and mitigate IT risk.
The role will report to the CTO. This position is full-time and remote.
- 6+ years experience in an information security role, preferably with 4+ years in financial services/crypto
- Solid knowledge of various information security frameworks
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to educate a non-technical audience about security measures
- Serious about the responsibility for ensuring OpenNode is protected from security threats
- Develop and implement a comprehensive plan to secure our infrastructure
- Define security policies
- Protect systems by creating barriers deterring unauthorized access
- Define authorized access requirements to enable distributed team efficiency while minimizing risk
- Complete performance reports on a regular basis to communicate the status of the system security
- Keep up to date with developments in IT security standards and threats.
- Recognize problems by identifying uncharacteristic activity
- Implement security improvements
- Perform penetration tests and identify security vulnerabilities
- Passion for bitcoin and the future of money
- Startup experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A simple Bitcoin payment processor for any business. Start accepting #Bitcoin payments and send Bitcoin payouts using the #LightningNetwork today with...