Dev Ops Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- A minimum of 4 years experience in a Cloud focused DevOps engineering role
- Deep understanding and strong hands on experience with Terraform. We leverage Terraform and multiple-providers to manage all of our infrastructure and services.
- Experience working with containers and their schedulers. We are primarily using AWS ECS but have experience with Kubernetes via EKS
- Service-oriented attitude with a passion for providing an exceptional experience for all customers
- Strong working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS). All of our infrastructure is in the cloud and we heavily leverage many of AWS’ offerings
- Working knowledge of configuration management frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and where they fit in an infrastructure management pipeline
- Experience working with Jenkins or similar automation tools. We currently leverage GitHub Actions
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, Go, Ruby)
- Understanding of modern web architecture patterns
- Experience with Git or other distributed SCM systems
- Work closely with the technology teams to enable them to iterate safely and quickly
- Provide guidance on architecture patterns, investigate new technologies and roll them out in a secure and repeatable manner
- Work closely within the DevOps team to understand our implemented patterns
- Take part in our weekly on-call support rotation
- Provide troubleshooting and support for existing systems
- Write documentation and provide in-person guidance for building, monitoring, and maintaining our infrastructure
Technologies We Use
- AWS Infrastructure as a Service and Higher level services
- Hashicorp Terraform
- Docker (ECS and Kubernetes)
- Python, Bash, Go
- Datadog for Infrastructure monitoring, APM, Tracing and Log Aggregation
- Amazon Linux
Who we are
Zion is built on Bitcoin. It is the trusted, ethical alternative to the current social media channels that exploit our content and violate our trust. With Zion, technology companies are completely eliminated and users interact in a secure, censorship-resistant, private utility that facilitates free and open flow of content and payments between users and their audiences. There is no way to manipulate how users experience the network and absolutely no data is collected, ever.
Founded in 2020, Zion is the next generation of social media that facilitates the free and open flow of content and payments between creative people and their audiences. Free of censorship, Zion is a network for creative people to pursue what they love, and share their passion with the world. Zion makes a better world with trusted social media.
Your application has been successfully submitted.