This job is no longer accepting applications.
Vulpem is a technology R&D lab focused on Bitcoin security and trust-minimized application development. We are the creators of Nigiri CLI, Marina Wallet and Liquid Taxi. We are the maintainers of Go Elements and contributors of LiquidJS
Who & Why
A distributed team of software engineers and technologists passionate about self sovereignty, privacy and operational security. We work both for internal funded projects and for clients, we do our best to attract and land only Bitcoin projects.
We don't focus on a single programming language or stack, we use the best tool to accomplish the goals.
A typical internal project would start with an internal press release to make clear the product vision to all team members like AWS does, then an appointed product manager develops a prototype and writes down the design rationale. If we get business approval or market traction, we develop the product with the necessary engineers and the right stack.
Full remote. No offices. We strive to do an annual gathering of a week once a year across Europe, with no work related duties, focusing only on wellness activities, mindfulness sessions and team building.
People in Vulpem have possibility to work both with a regular full position and to work with an extremely distributed software development methodology
An ideal candidate would have a strong passion for Bitcoin and a desire to make using Bitcoin secure, fast, and simple for everyone.
- Writing and maintaining server-side code and implement entire user-stories in autonomy.
- Integrating and building APIs for the ecosystem of internal and external products.
- Take ownership of products, hence make careful code reviews to other team members.
- Strong expertise in one between Golang and Rust
- Knowledge of Python and NodeJS and related ecosystems.
- Experience with empathetic, human-centered software design
- Solid engineering practices and processes, such as a solid testing methodology and documentation
- Prior contributions to open source projects and experience in software development projects
- Understanding of Bitcoin, other digital currencies, and cryptography in general is preferred
- Understanding of distributed systems architectures and implications of peer-to-peer apps
- Ability and eagerness to pick things up quickly, take ownership of projects, and develop new skills
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Enabling the next generation of bitcoin-native financial services