Junior System Engineer (Embedded Linux)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
OUR MISSION: Bitcoin is the hardest money ever invented and our mission is to continuously solve the biggest problems faced by BTC miners while keeping the ethos of Bitcoin alive in the mining industry.
Nowadays, Asic miners are the only efficient way to mine Bitcoin. To make mining even more efficient, we develop our own firmware based on OpenWrt/LEDE with mining software written in RUST.
This is a big challenge, but it’s also a unique opportunity to work with our talented team developing quality systems that will shape the future of a multi-billion dollar industry. If you know Linux and know RUST, we want you! This position is suitable for students as well.
WHAT AWAITS YOU HERE?
- Scripting and maintaining the Linux distribution with a little automated testing.
- You will work on an open-source Linux distribution solution based on OpenWrt/LEDE for the Braiins OS+ project.
- You will be using mainly Python, Rust, Unix shell (Bash), Git and Linux (other technologies in use are listed below)
- We will teach you everything you don’t already know!
- Basic knowledge of Python, Rust and Linux.
- Basic understanding of Git.
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills.
- Ability to work in a team as well as solo.
- Experience with embedded systems.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-developing environment.
- Be accountable for the quality of your work.
- Don't be overzealous, but rather be calm :)
- Linux - development takes place primarily on computers with Linux distribution (Debian, Ubuntu, ...). It is not assumed that you would work on another system.
- Python - in the current project it is one of the two primary languages. You should have Python knowledge at a higher level because we use it for building the entire distribution and managing integration tests.
- Bash - this language is not our priority and most of the time we do not use it, but it is supported by the built-in Linux distribution so we expect some knowledge from you(grep, sed, awk, ...).
- Lua - some parts of the OpenWrt/LEDE system are written in Lua and it is better if you are at least familiar with this language and will not be surprised if you encounter it.
- C - there will not be any future development in this language, but you should know it at least at the level of understanding the code.
- Docker - you do not have to actively use this technology, but should have an idea of its existence and be ready to use it.
- PyCharm / CLion - only recommended, not required. It does not prevent anyone from using any development tool.
- Gdb - knowledge of general principles and the ability to debug applications on a remote system using a gdb server.
- Git (GitLab, GitHub) - used for versioning and managing source code. You should be familiar with Pull/Merge Request Policy and Code Review.
- Cross-compilations - general knowledge of translation issues for different architectures (ARM).
- Embedded protocols - basic overview of communication protocols GPIO, I2C, SPI, USART and their use in Linux at the application level. The advantage is an understanding of their functioning at the kernel level, where occasional intervention in their functioning is expected.
- JTAG / Logic Analyzer - HW debugging capability is welcome, but not required.
- FPGA - Knowing that this technology exists is sufficient.
WHAT WE OFFER TO YOU:
- Work on long-term projects in an interesting area of cryptocurrencies.
- Modern offices in the center of Prague, Czech Republic — the heart of Europe.
- Many corporate benefits from company breakfast to the Multisport card and more :)
- We prefer a full-time position, but we are ready to discuss your availability.
WE WILL LOVE YOU EVEN MORE IF..
- You are interested in cryptocurrencies or have active experience with them.
- You are interested in new technologies and development procedures.
- You are interested in stock trading.
- You have a sense of humor and you and you love memes :)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Pushing the BTC mining industry forward with software mining solutions: Slush Pool (world's 1st BTC mining pool); Braiins OS+ (autotuning firmware for...