Applied Cryptography Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cryptocurrencies represent the potential to revolutionize the global financial system, yet true institutional adoption is hampered by the limitations of existing consumer-grade products. NYDIG has built a cryptocurrency solution for institutions, providing regulatory compliant services in a form factor that makes crypto feel like any other asset class. Our team is a group of proven innovators with deep domain expertise across finance and technology. We’ve grown rapidly since coming out of stealth mode and manage billions in Bitcoin assets. We’re looking for people to help build the next stage of digital asset adoption in a collaborative, excellence-driven environment.
NYDIG’s business is built on the secure and fully verifiable handling of sensitive information such as customer information, digital asset private keys, and requests that move assets on the blockchain. In this role, you’ll be the lead individual responsible for the design and implementation of cryptographic protocols that secure multiple parts of our system. Your involvement will be critical as we design new APIs, develop procedures to securely communicate with customers, create globally distributed workflows, and explore advances in cryptography.
- Own software components that interact with HSMs to manage keys and execute cryptographic operations
- Provide best practice guidance as we develop cryptographically secure electronic and operational protocols
- Evaluate cryptographic schemes such as multi-party computation, homomorphic encryption, and EdDSA for use in our environment
- 5+ years in protocol level software development with at least 2 years dedicated to applied cryptography
- Proven execution on greenfield projects requiring both creative problem solving and engineering execution
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a closely related discipline
- Hands on experience with a broad range of security topics: UEFI SecureBoot, PKI design, user security (TLS, SAML2), secure CI/CD, and network design.
- Experience designing solutions that meet or exceed audit (SOC 2, PCI-DSS) and regulatory standards (FINRA)
- Highly competitive compensation package
- Generous benefits package including unmetered PTO and employer-sponsored healthcare options
- 401k program with company match (for eligible employees)
- Employer sponsorship for professional development
- Access to virtual medical care, dedicated benefit concierge, employer-sponsored tax preparation services, and more!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
NYDIG is a leading technology and financial services firm dedicated to Bitcoin.