Chief Financial Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan Bitcoin is looking for a Chief Financial Officer to lead our finance team in the next phase of company growth. We’re looking for a Bitcoiner with experience leading a NASDAQ or NYSE listed company. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Evaluate and manage capital structure and fundraising initiatives. Lead private and public capital and fundraising efforts, performance of due diligence, and development and ownership of pro forma cap table and pricing of financing round and/or capital raises
- Work with Wall Street analysts on education around Swan’s business model and performance
- Articulate the difference between Bitcoin and crypto to a variety of external audiences
- Monitor business performance and risk assessment and management; prepare detailed reports for board of directors and management team
- Strengthen banking and treasury relationships
- Maintain and foster investor relations across all stakeholders
- Support and advise CEO and other executives on capital procurement and allocation
- Manage and evaluate M&A (acquisitive) opportunities and events and non-organic growth initiatives from a financial perspective
- Responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial statements, annual, quarterly and monthly, in conformity with U.S. GAAP including MD&A, footnotes, and related disclosures
- Act as liaison to and manage all external third-party auditor relationships and audit processes
- Responsible for control environment and design for COSO and SOX 404 compliance and assist in the assessment, remediation, and development of internal controls
- Lead tax planning, compliance, and strategies for the company and its affiliates
- ERP/NetSuite implementation and platform improvement and automation
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly, and annual treasury policy including management of BTC and USD
- Lead risk-management activities including D&O, general liability, property and umbrella, facility and personal injury exposure, Tech E&O/Cyber Security and other coverages as needed
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Prior experience in executive leadership roles for a US public company listed on NASDAQ or NYSE
- Must be a big Bitcoin fan who can eloquently explain the many differences between Bitcoin and crypto
- Experience with capital raising, M&A, and investor relations
- CPA certification a plus
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey.