DevOps / Infrastructure Engineer
Do you believe in sovereignty, privacy, and freedom? Do you want to help Bitcoin and sovereignty achieve widespread adoption?
Foundation builds Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your sovereignty. This starts with Passport, our best-in-class Bitcoin hardware wallet. Passport offers a huge leap forward in design and user experience, making it easier than ever to securely store your own keys.
We’ve shipped thousands of Passport devices to rave reviews, and we are now shipping an updated Passport alongside Envoy, a Bitcoin mobile wallet and Passport companion app.
We've assembled a world-class, multidisciplinary team – and now we are looking to build it out. Together, we'll build a new ecosystem that we callsovereign computing. Our roadmap is aggressive, and we'll be shipping innovative new products every year.
Do you have a passion for deploying self-hosted backend services, integrating and managing select third-party tools (e.g., GitHub), and automating everything? Do you want to be part of a team that is helping empower people to achieve sovereignty?
If so, this is where you belong! We are seeking a highly proficient and flexible DevOps engineer who can take ownership of these areas both for our current infrastructure and future needs.
We're looking for an A-player with excellent knowledge of infrastructure automation tools, including Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Prometheus, and other tools (open to your ideas here).
With all the reports in the crypto industry about leaked customer addresses, emails, and other information, we have a mandate to keep all sensitive information on self-hosted systems with strong security.
- Maintain and enhance our existing Kubernetes cluster using Terraform, Helm, K9s, Prometheus, and related tools
- Maintain and update the company website and e-commerce platform (Medusa) to ensure they are online 24/7 and secure
- Maintain and update a set of self-hosted services deployed on our cluster
- Identify and implement other tools and infrastructure wherever you see opportunities for improvement
- 5+ years of DevOps experience
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, K9s, etc.
- Strong understanding of computer and network security
- Strong understanding of Linux CLI tools
- Enthusiasm for Bitcoin, a basic knowledge of how it works, and a desire to empower people through decentralized technology arerequired
- Prometheus for observability
- Hashicorp Vault
- Medusa E-commerce platform
- GitHub Actions
- Your work will be open source under GPLv3 or other FOSS licenses
- Receive stock options as one of our early employees
- Healthcare, dental, and vision included (if you’re in the USA)
*Resume, Cover Letter, and Code Samples are required.
We build Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your digital sovereignty