Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Do you believe in sovereignty, privacy, and freedom? Do you want to help Bitcoin and sovereignty achieve widespread adoption?
Foundation builds Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your sovereignty. This starts withPassport, our best-in-class Bitcoin hardware wallet. Passport offers a huge leap forward in design and user experience, making it easier than ever to securely store your own keys.
We’ve shipped thousands of Passport devices to rave reviews, and we are now shipping an updated Passport alongside Envoy, a Bitcoin mobile wallet and Passport companion app.
We've assembled a world-class, multidisciplinary team – and now we are looking to build it out. Together, we'll build a new ecosystem that we callsovereign computing. Our roadmap is aggressive, and we'll be shipping innovative new products every year.
We are seeking an embedded engineer who is proficient in C and Rust to work across our suite of upcoming Bitcoin-centric devices.
- Board bring-up for new devices.
- Selection of OS/bare metal framework for each new device.
- Develop device drivers possibly including UARTs, I2C, SPI, cameras, displays, touchscreens, etc.
- Implement unit tests for all code (test-driven development).
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of embedded systems and/or RTOS development experience
- 2+ years of C experience
- 2+ years of Rust experience
- Knowledge of Bitcoin or similar cryptocurrencies will be very helpful in this role, but is not required
- Enthusiasm for Bitcoin and empowering people through decentralized technology is required
This position will require a polyglot engineer who can quickly move between several languages and technologies, including:
- Embedded C
- Rust unit testing
*Resume, Cover Letter, and Code Samples are required.
We build Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your digital sovereignty