This job is no longer accepting applications.
The internet is broken. In many ways it’s because of monetization. “Show me the incentives and I will show you the outcome”.
Our mission is to enable a new age of the internet – filled with trusted and quality experiences. An internet that isn’t locked into aggregator platforms. Not littered with listicles, content/affiliate farms and corrupted by untrustworthy experiences. Not stuffed with ads or locked behind expensive up-front paywalls.
Mash is building the solution with a value for value payments system for the open internet. We are well-funded – and assembling the core team. Mash was founded by Jared Nusinoff – half outdoor adventurer and half technologist. He previously founded a successful atoms based travel business, and launched + scaled products at Google during his 7+ year tenure.
Mash is being built on top of the greatest monetary network ever conceived – Bitcoin ฿ and Lightning Network ϟ. Magical internet money. You don’t need blockchain expertise, or have to be convinced on the merits of Bitcoin ฿ yet – but we know you will once you dig in. Reach out and we will share some resources.
This is an opportunity to join an early stage well-funded start-up – with the audacious goal to help fix the internet.
Role & Responsibilities
Compensation: The mix of equity and salary compensation is flexible and will be designed to match your preferences.
- Help shape our culture, strategy, and product
- Partner in building the team and make key hiring decisions
- Mentor, train and work closely with the team
Product & Technical Responsibilities
- Lead system architecture, technical design discussions
- Own end-to-end development of a key part of the infrastructure and product
- Build, test, and ship end-to-end features for our users
- Do code reviews and support deployments
- Interface with early customers
- Contribute and influence the product roadmap
- Work closely with the x-functional team
- Cultural fit
- Thrive in a team environment – focused on team goals
- Great communication skills
- Entrepreneurial self starter and problem solver
- Respond well to open-ended problems and thrive on autonomy
- Have a passion for lifelong learning and first-principles thinking
- 3+ years of experience in start-up and at-scale software development
- 3+ years of experience with building/operating distributed systems
- Interested and experience with Bitcoin ฿ and Lightning Network ϟ
- Already excited about the possibilities unlocked by magical internet money
Working at Mash
We treat your time as the scarce asset that it is. We respect people being heads down and having the time to get into a flow. Distractions and context switching are things we work to minimize. We have meetings for specific purposes – and leverage async channels as much as possible. This helps us all.
Mash has an open and direct culture. We use data to make decisions. We believe that not making a decision is a decision – and usually not a good one. We have strong conviction – and a bias to action. We can agree to disagree and move forward – after reviewing the details. As we learn, we will re-evaluate, iterate and push forward. We are dedicated to the mission.
Mash is a remote-first company. We are doing this deliberately – to assemble the best team possible – and enable you to work where it fits best into your life. For those that prefer a team based environment, we plan to have mini-offices in cities that we have a meaningful presence in.
Join the Movement
When reaching out, please include a bit about yourself, your resume, and a few bullet points about why you are specifically interested in Mash's mission / the opportunity.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
A radically better way to monetize your digital experiences and content