CleanSpark, Inc. (CLSK) (NASDAQ: CLSK) ("CleanSpark") CleanSpark is America's Bitcoin Miner, driving innovation in an ever-changing industry. We're seeking passionate individuals to be part of our growth and contribute to the exciting world of bitcoin. If you have a keen interest in bitcoin and digital assets and thrive in challenging environments, we want to hear from you!
As a CleanSpark team member, you'll be at the forefront of the global bitcoin revolution, shaping the future of responsible mining. We offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment, coupled with competitive benefits to support your overall well-being. Enjoy generous PTO, comprehensive health and life insurance, a 401k retirement plan, and more.
We are one of the largest bitcoin miners in the United States. We are headquartered in Las Vegas, NV, and independently own and operate five data centers in Georgia for a total developed capacity of 230 MW. We are developing an additional 150 MW at our data center in Sandersville, GA. We have a partner in Massena, NY, that hosts 50 MW for us. We design our infrastructure to responsibly support Bitcoin, the world’s most important digital commodity and an essential tool for financial independence and inclusion. We strive to leave the planet better than we found it by investing in communities that source low-carbon energy, like wind, solar, nuclear, and hydro. We cultivate trust and transparency among our employees, the communities we operate in, and the people around the world who depend on Bitcoin.
We value: Grit, Trust, and Transparency.
As the Assistant Controller, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing critical financial functions, including financial reporting, analysis, and internal controls. You will work closely with our finance leadership team to ensure accurate financial data, compliance with accounting standards, and the smooth operation of our financial processes.
This is a full time, in-office position. Candidates who apply must be willing to work in our Henderson, NV office.
- Financial Close:
- Lead and manage the financial close process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial statements.
- Ensure detailed review, analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare and review journal entries, reconciliations, and other month-end activities.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve accounting issues and discrepancies.
- Monitor appropriate categorization of balance sheet and income statement items.
- Financial Reporting:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Prepare and review financial statements, footnotes, and disclosures for SEC filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K).
- Ensure financial reports comply with GAAP and provide insights into the company's financial performance.
- Financial Analysis:
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis to support decision-making and identify areas for improvement.
- Provide actionable insights and recommendations to senior management based on financial data.
- Internal Controls:
- Develop and maintain robust internal control procedures to safeguard company assets.
- Monitor compliance with internal control policies and recommend improvements as needed.
- Equity Administration:
- Manage equity-related transactions, including stock options, grants, and employee stock purchase plans.
- Maintain equity records and collaborate with HR and Legal teams on equity matters.
- Ensure proper accounting for equity transactions
- Team Leadership:
- Lead and mentor a team of accounting professionals, fostering their growth and development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline financial processes and improve efficiency.
- Other Areas of Responsibility
- Key team player in the development, review, implementation and documentation of all financial procedures and controls.
- Serve as key support to Corporate Controller, operations and other financial leads for all departments and locations resolving accounting issues including implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Review and approve payroll runs, tax returns and reconciliations, ensuring proper compliance and accounting.
- Manage all data processing operations to ensure timely and accurate reporting as required.
- Participate, coordinate and respond to internal/external audit requests timely.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. CPA certification is preferred.
- 5+ years of progressive finance and accounting experience.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial reporting requirements.
- Experience with financial analysis and internal controls.
- Proficiency in accounting software and advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication and leadership abilities.
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of, or commitment to, learning about bitcoin and how it can change the world.
Join our team and be part of a company that values innovation, growth, and success. Apply today!
America's Bitcoin Miner