Technical Product Manager, Security & Risk
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
Swan is hiring a Technical Product Manager for a hands on development and product role to work closely with our Application Security, Product, and Engineering Teams. As a core member of the Application Security team, you will advise teams on critical security design elements, proactively identify architectural vulnerabilities and collaborate on solutions and design modifications to improve the overall security posture of Swan Web, Mobile, and Custody offerings.
You will partner with product, engineering, pen testers, and security personnel, acting as a subject matter expert and mentor to others in the security discipline. We are looking for people with a strong technical background that want to level up from a senior developer position into one that interfaces with the broader team while continuing to work on technical solutions, with some amount of hands on coding.
It starts with solid experience and interest in security, a strong technical background, and an appetite to explore, learn and secure things to protect our customers!
- Provide security guidance, specify app security controls, evaluate existing security controls, and manage threat modeling exercises with teams responsible for new services, apps, features, APIs, devices, and third-party connections.
- Specify new security controls needed to reduce risks identified from security reviews and threat modeling exercises or from security incidents and specify these new controls as requirements to be added to the organization’s SDL process.
- Proactively research new technologies, and make technology recommendations.
- Drive and cultivate a positive culture of security across the engineering teams. Train product engineering to recognize bad patterns and innovate ways for developers to learn to identify security bad practices.
- Work with our security engineering team and product teams to identify, define and implement security controls and automation.
- Collaborate with other security teams across Swan to design and develop new security mitigations and defenses, with a focus on strategy and scalability.
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Coding skills in one or more general-purpose scripting languages.
- Deep knowledge of common classes of software vulnerabilities such as XSS, CSRF, SQLi, OWASP Top 10, cryptographic attacks, and beyond.
- Experience managing security or privacy compliance-related engineering programs.
- Experience managing security infrastructure and operational security.
- Experience conducting security assessments on mobile apps and cloud services running on a variety of operating systems, including containers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or closely related discipline or equivalent experience.
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and Huddles are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about and use the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. We are often involved in the Bitcoin community through writing, podcasts, conferences, open source projects, and time spent on Twitter to help educate the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey.