Associate General Counsel
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey. We hire passionate Bitcoiners who want to work with a self-motivated and fully distributed startup team.
As Associate General Counsel, you will define, drive, execute and own our legal strategy for the entire company delivering against mission critical goals as we enter a significant stage of growth. This is a strategic, highly visible role that will work with the senior leadership team on company-wide legal matters including but not limited to regulatory compliance, contracts, vendor agreements, financings, transactions, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all FinTech regulation, including tracking changes to applicable laws, regulations and guidance from state and federal agencies to ensure ongoing compliance
- Assess and drive federal and state licensing (in particular, state money transmitter licenses), regulatory inquiries and examinations
- Provide Transactional/M&A support, as needs arise
- Draft/review a range of agreements in support of business initiatives and employment matters, including vendor agreements, non-disclosure agreements, independent contractor agreements, lease agreements, and general commercial contracts, etc
- Work with CISO on data privacy and data security matters and support implementation of related policies and procedures
- Provide support on general corporate matters
- Work with business and compliance partners to develop, implement, and improve policies and procedures as the company grows
Skills and experience that will help you succeed
- Proven legal experience within a FinTech or Financial organization or securities law at a law firm. Experience with state money transmitter licenses is a plus
- Mission driven Bitcoiner who understands Swan's mission and the importance of creating 10 million new Bitcoiners
- Experience working for a rapidly growing startup and managing change
- Experience in contract reviews and negotiations
- Knowledge and experience with general corporate matters
- Adept at providing practical legal and regulatory guidance
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills
Here's a bit about our culture
- We’re a growing team: Fully distributed across the world, Slack and video conferencing are huge here.
- We’re very flat: Leadership is desired and encouraged; we hire people who care about the product they are working on.
- We’re Bitcoiners: We find solutions that encourage Bitcoin principles. Many of us pull double duty alongside our main job, producing content for Bitcoin newsletters, podcasts, social audio platforms, and YouTube shows, and spend some of the day on Twitter educating the masses. We love Bitcoin, and it comes through in our daily chats, meetings, and actions.
Join us, become a Swan!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Swan is a leading Bitcoin-only financial services company supporting individuals and companies throughout their Bitcoin journey.