Synonym is a remote team of Bitcoiners, working with a coalition of independent engineers and businesses to bring new integrated products to Bitcoin, using the Lightning Network, Slashtags and Hypercore protocols. We use GitHub, Asana and Slack for project management.
You will work with the engineering, design, legal, and management teams to execute our business and product strategies across our various products and services.
We have overlapping R&D teams, and we are expanding our team size and product count in 2023. We also perform R&D in collaboration with external teams, and juggle multiple integration projects at once with outer projects.
You will be responsible for organizing, executing and coordinating several projects at varying stages of development. You will report to the CEO, CTO, and CSO and contribute to the planning and implementation of multiple projects. You may also manage release cycles, sprints, and help to enforce and guard our overarching vision across products.
The ideal candidate is an expert cross-functional collaborator, diplomat, and watchman with the ability to balance and communicate priorities across multiple teams, to organize, maintain, and execute our roadmap. You will need to develop a deep understanding of the various aspects of the Bitcoin landscape, our applications, and our tech stack.
Salary is based on experience. Be prepared to communicate your salary requirements.
USA citizens and USA residents are not eligible for this position.
- Previous working experience as a PM for 3+ years
- Excellent time-management and organizational habits, and the ability to develop these habits in the teams you join.
- Self-starter attitude, strong problem solving skills and sense of responsibility.
- Strong communication skills, and the ability to produce concise reports ongoing to management covering progress of projects, with an aim to improving decision-making on business strategy and product development.
- Comprehensive understanding of project management methodologies and best practices, and experience implementing fast-moving, large teams.
- Ability to quickly comprehend new technologies
- Direct experience integrating and applying Bitcoin, Lightning Network, P2P network protocols, and other applied cryptography is ideal, but not wholly required, depending on experience.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work across different product teams
- Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple initiatives and priorities with competing timelines
- Team-oriented, collaborative and demonstrated willingness to roll up sleeves and get into the weeds of a project.
- Interest in guiding a product from its current state as an MVP through to maturity
- Has managed engineering teams, designers, and collaborated with other product people
- Agile mindset to improve iteratively, rather than placing big long term bets
- Strong customer empathy and experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs
- Work alongside Product, Engineering, and Marketing to build world-class Bitcoin applications and experiences
- Assure multiple product life cycles flow from discovery, research, design, development, quality assurance, launch, and iteration
- Discover and evolve processes that bring the most out of our team and multi-team/product environment
- Anticipate, isolate, and alleviate gaps in communication or workflow that may slow progress
- Maintain and lead a multi-year roadmap in accordance with company strategy and vision
- Assist an exceptional engineering team to innovate, invent, implement and deploy complex software solutions
- Discover, prioritize, and write requirements for new product features
- Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure the project team is clear on objectives. Act as the voice of the product team and key stakeholders in their absence
- Engage with new and existing integration partners to assist in scoping new features and supporting existing features
- Monitor and manage scope
- Manage documentation, project tracking and reporting within the product team and cross-functionally where necessary
- Assist in showcasing functionality to stakeholders (e.g. marketing and support) as deliverables are finished and features are prepared for launch
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Welcome to The Atomic Economy