Senior Product Design Engineer (ME & CAD)
Do you believe in sovereignty, privacy, and freedom? Do you want to help Bitcoin and sovereignty achieve widespread adoption?
Foundation builds Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your sovereignty. This starts with Passport, our best-in-class Bitcoin hardware wallet. Passport offers a huge leap forward in design and user experience, making it easier than ever to securely store your own keys.
We’ve shipped our first 1,000 Passport Founder’s Edition units to customers to rave reviews, and we are now shipping an updated Passport Batch 2 alongside Envoy, our new mobile companion app.
We’ve assembled a world-class, multidisciplinary team – and now we are looking to build it out. Together, we’ll build a new ecosystem that we call sovereign computing. Our roadmap is aggressive, and we’ll be shipping innovative new products every year.
As one of our key hires for Foundation’s multidisciplinary design team, the Senior Product Design Engineer will collaborate alongside Industrial Design, Hardware Engineering, and our Software team to design, prototype, develop, and manufacture best in class bitcoin centric devices as we build an era of sovereign computing.
Your primary responsibilities will be to: 1) Help architect, design, and engineer new products, build detailed part databases in 3D using CAD software (we use NX); 2) Prototype and validate device design intent prior to manufacturing; 3) Work with vendors to source device parts and optimize them for mass production and durable cosmetic finishing; 4) Establish engineering methods , quality standards, and cosmetic criteria as part of the device’s product lifecycle management process; 5) Collaborate with contract manufacturers to optimize the device’s design for efficient assembly at scale.
Under the leadership of the Head of Design, this individual will play a key role in the development of Foundation’s product design, mechanical engineering, and quality capabilities - so the demonstrated ability to do so in a previous role is required. Additionally, experience using NX on a PC, industrial design background and/or surface modeling skills, or ability to create cosmetic golden samples are a big plus.
Knowledge of engineering best practices and experience building products from concept to launch is preferred as qualified design candidates will need to balance user needs, technical feasibility, and goals of the business to deliver compelling product experiences in a production oriented environment.
- Design Engineering of our next gen Passport device (ME & CAD)
- Prototype and validate device design intent prior to manufacturing
- Work with vendors to source device parts and optimize them for mass production and durable cosmetic finishing
- Establish engineering methods , quality standards, and cosmetic criteria as part of the device’s product lifecycle management process
- Collaborate with contract manufacturers to optimize the device’s design for efficient assembly at scale
- 5+ years of professional product design, mechanical engineering, or industrial design experience are preferred, but candidates with more/less experience will be considered if they have aptitude for multiple disciplines
- Enthusiasm for Bitcoin and/or empowering people with sovereignty is required
- CAD Software Skills - Solidworks, ProE, Catia, or NX in a preferably a PC environment (we use NX)
- Ability to create part and assembly drawings, quality reports and other PLM documentation
Nice to Have
- Experience with PLM Tools - TeamCenter, WindChill, Arena, etc.
- Agile Management - Linear, Asana, Trello (we use Linear)
- Experience designing and engineering consumer electronics or mobile devices
- Experience with industrial design, surface modeling, or CMF specifications
*Resume, Cover Letter, and Portfolio are required.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We design and manufacture Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your sovereignty