Head of Customer Success
Zion, an application built on the Lightning Network, designed to facilitate the free, open flow of content and payments between creators and their audiences. We are looking for a Customer Success Manager to help spearhead the internal customer success of the Zion team, working on both consumer-facing digital products as well as all internal processes. You will work directly with VP of Product, CEO and other team leads to craft processes to help us scale to millions of customers globally.
As the Customer Success Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing our resources and the tools we use to do that, all enabling us to meet our commitments to customers and each other. We’re looking for a dot-connector, process-improver and numbers-cruncher to lead our digital operations—someone who can see the 50,000-foot view but just as easily tend to the weeds and optimize our processes. Zion is only as valuable as the network of people that uses it. The importance of this role cannot be understated. Our creators & customers will be our everything. The person in this role will lead the team responsible for executing on complex high-impact initiatives (including those that are first-of-their-kind)
- Setting the strategy and prioritizing Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) while leading the Customer Success teams.
- Deploying programs to help promote company value with customers, customer goal attainment, new features, and new use-cases; and designing the customer journey to assist drive customer lifetime value. cooperating across teams to discover and develop opportunities for customer growth
- By developing a customer-centric perspective across the organization, you may represent the customer’s voice and influence internal stakeholders.
- Architecting the customer success organization and solutions to leverage and grow in support of our revenue goals, including finding the correct balance of services and support for our many customer categories.
- Increase Efficiency Through Technology. Oversee the technology adoption process with tools and systems.
- Working collaboratively with the product teams to connect with executives at potential and current clients to identify goals.
- Proven progressive competence in a leadership capacity in Customer Success.
- To drive cross-functional efforts, you must be an effective and productive collaborator.
- Ability to move rapidly and adapt.
- The ability to make data-driven decisions while also being willing to experiment and repeat
- Ability to communicate with technical clients in their own language.
- Customer experience, professional services, and customer support are all part of a solid strategic goal.
- The capacity to design services and support delivery methods that correspond with present client segments, create customer value, and scale to meet growth predictions.
- Listening skills, Humility and Empathy.
QUALITIES YOU BRING TO THE TABLE...
While we value your operational workflow skills, your ability to thrive in our environment is equally as important. We’re looking for someone who is:
- Strategic. You understand communication is at the heart of creating strong relationships with colleagues and can maneuver challenging situations and decisions with ease.
- Creative. You bring passion to your work and find creative ways to problem solve with a positive attitude.
- Leader. You can make difficult decisions and are trusted by colleagues to do good by our customers and teammates.
- Intuitive. You're someone with that uncanny ability to always think one step ahead and avoid problems before they happen.
- Confident. You're friendly, professional and poised, whether you're brainstorming with our team, running meetings or communicating decisions to teams.
- Passionate. You love what you do, give everything you've got and are continually seeking ways to grow in your craft.
- Friendly. You work well with the team. You contribute ideas in a positive manner. You’re also a great listener.
Know the customer
- You need to understand the customer well.
- Your work includes managing your customer base and, if you’re in the recurring revenue company, maximizing their dollar value. You may or may not be held responsible for the company’s retention rate, but it’s certainly your compass when it comes to prioritizing the efforts of your staff.
- You’ll want to get to know them personally anyhow so you can build a rapport and lead appropriately. You should also begin the process of learning about their abilities and job history. It’s especially vital to understand what drives Customer Success’s daily workload in this scenario.
Drive Customer Success
- Obviously! The job is to deliver success to customers. They should be able to achieve their desired outcomes using your product. And the Customer Success Manager must deliver that!
- You’ll need to remind everyone in the organization that you’re a Customer Success-driven company, not just a Sales-driven one, and that increasing customer lifetime value is equally as vital as increasing quarterly sales.
- You are your customer’s voice. It is your responsibility to not only deliver results to your clients but also, make the rest of the firm understand why your customer needs them. If customers are having trouble because they were not properly onboarded, you should put some pressure on the customer success or the onboarding team.
Why We’ll Love You:
- You are solution-oriented - you keep improving the system each time you respond to a problem, rather than just resolving the specific issue.
- You like to have fun, and want to be part of a team that is building an innovative product
- You have experience working for an early stage startup, and can balance the optimism and pragmatism that are required to work in that environment
- You have the ability to work through ambiguity and are comfortable in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- You’re intellectually curious, comfortable rolling up your sleeves to find solutions and learn new things, with a focus on supporting the growth of the company
Who we are:
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default. We think of ourselves as a startup building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project. Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining Zion today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
If you are interested in an interview with us, please take sometime to prepare for your interview with the following documents:
Zion was founded by Justin Rezvani and is headquartered on the web. We’re backed by some of the best investors in the world including: Tony Robbins, Aubrey Marcus, Alex Davis, Mark Moss, Donald Park and Craig Nerenberg. Modern Foundry Inc aka Zion is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.