Bitcoin Lightning Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
ZEBEDEE is a payment platform for virtual worlds. We build software developer kits to enable true in-game commerce using globally interoperable digital value protocols. Virtual worlds need the native currency of the internet. With one foot in the gaming industry and another in Fintech - we bridge the divide to the next payment frontier. Come and join us!
Global video gaming and interactive media is a $100bn revenue industry growing at 10%+ per annum, driven by microtransactions. ZEBEDEE allows new types of monetisation models for both game developers and gamers. We are not just another payment service provider. We are building the infrastructure that will enable new types of behaviours and activities in gaming environments using Bitcoin as the payment rail.
We are looking for a Bitcoin Lightning Engineer to join the ZEBEDEE team working on internal Bitcoin systems and infrastructure. You will work directly with the CTO, other engineers, and project managers, to execute on general server/node management, control automation pipelines, perform metrics gathering, and improve system specifications.
Responsibilities will be variable and will depend on the specific project currently being worked on, but will typically include:
- Manage internal and public Bitcoin and Lightning Network nodes.
- Work closely with the CTO and other engineering members to help further scale and improve upon the availability and resilience of the platform.
- Write, test, and maintain node monitoring/management dashboards.
- Take ownership over the technical direction of some Bitcoin initiatives.
- Create and maintain automation systems to improve uptime and recovery scenarios.
- Work to improve several technical challenges: security and privacy, analytics, throughput, re-architecting for the future, node availability etc.
- 4+ years of software engineering experience developing on production-ready software.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Proficiency working with Bitcoin Core (and/or other Bitcoin implementations) and LND (and/or other Lightning Network implementations).
- Experience working in modern cloud-based systems like AWS.
- Experience managing Lightning Network nodes.
- Experience contributing to open source software.
- Experience building automated systems for improving team-wide performance and development velocity.
Some of the technologies/tools we use at ZEBEDEE:
- LND / Bitcoin Core
- Terraform / AWS
Competitive with employee stock option bonuses.
Decentralized / Remote Environment
ZEBEDEE is a fully remote working company. We seek to hire the best talent from around the world, wherever you may live.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Powering real economies in virtual worlds