Senior Firmware Engineer, MicroPython
Do you believe in sovereignty, privacy, and freedom? Do you want to help Bitcoin and sovereignty achieve widespread adoption?
Foundation builds Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your sovereignty. This starts with Passport, our best-in-class Bitcoin hardware wallet. Passport offers a huge leap forward in design and user experience, making it easier than ever to securely store your own keys.
We’ve shipped our first 1,000 Passport Founder's Edition units to customers to rave reviews, and we are now shipping an updated Passport Batch 2 alongside Envoy, our new mobile companion app.
We've assembled a world-class, multidisciplinary team – and now we are looking to build it out. Together, we'll build a new ecosystem that we call sovereign computing. Our roadmap is aggressive, and we'll be shipping innovative new products every year.
As one of our key hires for Foundation’s multidisciplinary software engineering team, the Senior Firmware Engineer will collaborate with our Engineering and Design teams to develop best in class sovereignty experiences for our hardware wallet, Passport, and our next generation of sovereign computing products.
Your primary responsibility will be to develop new features for Passport in MicroPython and C. This will initially include UI improvements, BIP85 support, and Taproot support.
- Develop new features for Passport in MicroPython and C
- Create user interface features in Python using LVGL
- Investigate and resolve bugs
- Follow Foundation’s software development processes
- Document code
- Implement unit tests for all code (test-driven development)
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- 2+ years of embedded systems development experience
- Python experience required
- MicroPython experience strongly preferred
- Experience with Bitcoin wallets is preferred
- Enthusiasm for Bitcoin and/or empowering people with sovereignty is required
- LVGL graphics library
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We design and manufacture Bitcoin-centric tools that empower you to reclaim your sovereignty